Studio Perak is a silver shop and jewellery workshop in Ubud that presents original designs of sterling silver jewellery. It has three shops all located within central Ubud, namely on Jalan Hanoman, Jalan Dewi Sita and on the Jalan Raya Ubud main road.
Studio Perak’s collection feature one-off pieces designed and crafted by its owner and founder, Ketut Darmawan. Besides designing and producing authentic pieces of jewellery, he also provides silver jewellery-making classes through special workshops.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Studio Perak’s pieces are available both wholesale and retail. Ketut Darmawan, applies traditional Balinese techniques in the creation process to produce various contemporary and nature-inspired designs. Among the collections include the Bohemia, Nature, Urban Chic, and Jewellery for the Spirit lines.
Studio Perak emphasizes simplicity throughout its designs and collections, as well as in its silver-making classes to its participating guests. Basic manual equipment is used in its production of jewellery, using methodologies similar to those utilized by Balinese silversmiths for centuries.
In the workshops, Studio Perak believes that by picking up on the methodologies, participating guests will be able to explore silver-making after the classes with only a few hand tools.
Good to Know about Studio Perak
Studio Perak opened its first retail shop on Jalan Dewi Sita in Ubud in 2004. This was followed by a shop and studio on Jalan Hanoman where the classes are held and where you can create your own dream piece of silver jewellery.
Half-day, three-hour courses enable most visitors to create their own piece, with their own special design. All classes are delivered in English and Indonesian. The courses run daily from 09:00 to 12:00, with occasional additional classes in the afternoon when demand is high.
Families and kids can join in for a fun and insightful class; children as young as eight years old can also learn the art of silver-making and gain valuable experience while holidaying with mum and dad in the artisan vicinity of Ubud.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 22:00
- Location: Jalan Hanoman, Jalan Dewi Sita and Jalan Raya Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 973 371