Turtle Island & City Horse Cart Riding Tour
Bali Discovery - Short Tours
Serangan Island is also known as Turtle Island as for many years it was a nesting ground for the Green Sea Turtle. Locals used to catch the live turtles as well as their eggs for consumption and unfortunately this exploitation resulted in the near elimination of all turtles in this area. In 2004 with the aid of international funding a Turtle Conservation and Education Centre was established on the island and the government imposed a strict ban on turtle trading. With local help, the aim of this centre is to nurture the growth of newly hatched turtles and release them at an age where survival rates are quite favorable. The fishermen of Serangan now try to safeguard these ocean creatures to prevent extinction.
A dokar (horse cart) ride can be a fairly bumpy experience as the driver tries to expertly manoeuvre the horse and cart along by merging into mainstream traffic with a little encouragement from a leather whip. Once the horse picks up pace, the rhythmic clip on the asphalt road makes the journey rather pleasant and small children often enjoy the sensation.
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.