Turtle Island & City Horse Cart Riding Tour
Bali Discovery - Short Tours
Serangan Island is also known as Turtle Island as for many years it was a nesting ground for the Green Sea Turtle. Locals used to catch the live turtles as well as their eggs for consumption and unfortunately this exploitation resulted in the near elimination of all turtles in this area. In 2004 with the aid of international funding a Turtle Conservation and Education Centre was established on the island and the government imposed a strict ban on turtle trading. With local help, the aim of this centre is to nurture the growth of newly hatched turtles and release them at an age where survival rates are quite favorable. The fishermen of Serangan now try to safeguard these ocean creatures to prevent extinction.
A dokar (horse cart) ride can be a fairly bumpy experience as the driver tries to expertly manoeuvre the horse and cart along by merging into mainstream traffic with a little encouragement from a leather whip. Once the horse picks up pace, the rhythmic clip on the asphalt road makes the journey rather pleasant and small children often enjoy the sensation.Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.