Shark Island Eco Tour
Bali Discovery - Short Tours
This tour takes you to see the site of the Serangan Shark Project, the venture behind the so-called Shark Island, which aims to be Indonesia’s first to build environmentally-friendly awareness towards sharks. On the island of Serangan, southeast of the Bali mainland, the Shark Island invites public visitors on educational tours and rare experiences and concerns the species’ protection in mind. The sharks swim in a controlled and safe 10x10m area. The purpose of the project is to educate and inform people of such issues that face the endangered species such as over-fishing, and how sharks relate to and benefit in the control of the marine ecosystem.
Shark Island is for all ages and offers a state-of-the-art stainless steel cage for in-water viewing. Shark Island consists of a 1-are floating raft or pontoon, which is currently also being used as a shark nursery. The nursery currently houses 10 Black Reef Tip pups and 2 larger White Reef Tip sharks. Shark Island is an eco-friendly adventure and educational activity available for guests. You can both experience the rare opportunity of safely swimming with sharks, as well as tour the turtle conservation and education centre nearby! When the season is right, you and the little ones can even witness baby turtle hatchlings set out to sea for their first time.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.