Private Sunrise Mount Batur Hiking Excursion
Ascend the slopes of Mount Batur under a star-lit sky to watch the sunrise over the island and volcanoes. The 2-hour uphill trek is challenging, but it pays off with spectacular views of lava flows, Lake Batur, Mount Abang, and Mount Agung. After the hike, refuel with lunch and relax in hot springs.
After pickup at your hotel early in the morning, take a 90-minute drive to the base of Mount Batur. Here, local guides welcome you and provide a complete safety briefing and a flashlight. The first section of your hike is through plenty of volcanic ash, sand, and small rocks. The path is mostly uphill but you have several chances to stop and rest.
After 2 hours and 1.2 miles (2 km) of climbing, approach the top of the crater, a wind-swept area with very few rocks and vegetation. At the top—5,633 feet (1,717 m)—watch the long-awaited sunrise over Mount Abang and Mount Agung. On clear days, you may see Lombok's Mount Rinjani in the distance. As you admire the stunning view, enjoy a simple breakfast with hot coffee or tea.
Continue on foot to another crater rim and descend along the same path you climbed in the dark. Admire spectacular views of the surrounding landscape like lava flows from recent eruptions and their path of destruction as well as Lake Batur in the distance. Upon reaching the mountain's base, enjoy time to bathe in hot springs and have lunch before your ride back to your hotel.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride