Private Experiences of the Countryside Full-Day Tour with Lunch
Engage with the culture and vibrancy of daily life in rural Bali on this tour to villages in the island’s beautiful countryside. By trekking through paddy fields, trying farming methods, cooking local dishes, and visiting the famous Besakih Temple, you get the full spectrum of Balinese life.
Begin by heading to the quiet village of Sidemen, well-known for its network of rice paddy fields very important to the local economy. Here, explore the pastoral landscape on a trek to discover how the land is farmed; the path's length and exertion is really up to you. Meet workers in the fields and perhaps try your hand at a task as you get insight into how tough it is to work in the rice pastures.
Back in the village try other aspects of daily life. A cooking class offers the chance to learn about the balance the aromatic spices of Indonesian dishes such as sambal, satay lilit, and laklak. Make crafts to offer at temples, brew arak (local rice wine), observe a blacksmith, and see how to harvest coconuts.
Continue to Besakih Temple, the island’s largest and holiest Hindu place of worship. Located on the slopes of the active volcano of Gunung Agung, this dramatic spot is befitting of such a striking monument.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride