Private Eat, Pray, Love Tour with Lunch
First author Elizabeth Gilbert found love and inspiration in Bali when writing her book Eat, Pray, Love. Then, actress Julia Roberts followed in her footsteps in the book's big screen adaptation. Head out with a private guide to see filming locations from the beloved film and heartwarming memoir.
Your guide picks you up from your hotel and heads north of Ubud to the Tegalalang Rice Terrace, verdant steppes of rice paddies dotted with feathery palm trees, to enjoy the scenery in the morning, before the crowds arrive. Then make your way back to Ubud to see the 16th-century Royal Palace, passing through the village of Petulu—famous for the thousands of white herons that flock here each evening—on the way.
Stretch your legs with a stroll through the colorful Ubud Market, bargaining for locally crafted wares and Balinese souvenirs as you walk toward the Cafe Wayan, where you can snag a seat at the table where Julia Roberts dined. Enjoy a delicious lunch in this breezy outdoor eatery, sampling Balinese specialties before making your way south to meet Ketut Liyer, the medicine man who appeared in the movie. You can opt to have him read your future if you'd like, or just learn about traditional Balinese medicine and admire his artwork.
Your final stop is at the golden sands of Padang Padang Beach near the clifftop Uluwatu Temple, where 2 scenes from the movie were filmed. Take in the scenery and watch surfers tackling the breaks offshore, lingering for the sunset before the drive back to your hotel.Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour