Balinese Cooking Lesson in Indonesian Kitchen Ubud
Day Trips & Excursions
Take a gastronomic journey to explore the secrets, techniques, and traditions of Indonesian cuisine on this half-day outing. Explore local produce and ingredients at a vibrant food market, and then roll up your sleeves for a hands-on, chef-led cooking class before gathering around the table for lunch.
After you’re picked up from your hotel, ride into central Ubud to meet your chef and guide for the day. Sip on a cup of hot tea or coffee as you hear about the itinerary for the day and the dishes on the menu. From there, venture out into the vibrant buzz of a local market. Hear about the intricacies of regional Balinese cuisine, watch locals peddle, barter, and purchase, and scope out exotic fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs.
Ride past the rice paddies on your way to the kitchen, where you jump into the preparation of a meal under the guidance of your expert chef. Learn how to use time-honored techniques to prepare signature Balinese dishes, and gain familiarity with ingredients and produce that might be new to you. Your instructor shows you how coconut oil is extracted from the fruit, and leads you in the custom of making a simple offering before you sit down to enjoy your meal.Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour