Balinese Cooking Lesson in Indonesian Kitchen Ubud
Day Trips & Excursions
Take a gastronomic journey to explore the secrets, techniques, and traditions of Indonesian cuisine on this half-day outing. Explore local produce and ingredients at a vibrant food market, and then roll up your sleeves for a hands-on, chef-led cooking class before gathering around the table for lunch.
After you’re picked up from your hotel, ride into central Ubud to meet your chef and guide for the day. Sip on a cup of hot tea or coffee as you hear about the itinerary for the day and the dishes on the menu. From there, venture out into the vibrant buzz of a local market. Hear about the intricacies of regional Balinese cuisine, watch locals peddle, barter, and purchase, and scope out exotic fruits, vegetables, spices, and herbs.
Ride past the rice paddies on your way to the kitchen, where you jump into the preparation of a meal under the guidance of your expert chef. Learn how to use time-honored techniques to prepare signature Balinese dishes, and gain familiarity with ingredients and produce that might be new to you. Your instructor shows you how coconut oil is extracted from the fruit, and leads you in the custom of making a simple offering before you sit down to enjoy your meal.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride