This full-day tour takes you on an eight-hour journey to explore the artistic, cultural and historical highlights of central Bali. The first morning stop is at the village of Batubulan, where you can enjoy the Barong and Keris theatrical performances, depicting the mythical tale of Good vs Evil, and portrayed by performers in vibrant costumes. The tour also includes stops at the nearby Balinese hand-weaving, gold and silversmith’s village of Celuk and Mas where you can witness Bali's creative artisans at work, and perhaps strike a bargain straight from the source.
You will then journey towards the highland region of Kintamani and Mount Batur where you’ll enjoy the vast open vistas of the active volcano and the Batur caldera lake. Heading down again, next stop is Ubud, Bali’s village town that is famous as the island’s centre of arts, culture and history. Highlights in Ubud among others include the royal palace and the adjacent Ubud Art Market. The mysterious Goa Gajah ‘elephant cave’ temple located on the outlying regions of Ubud is also a stopover, featuring a vast complex of archaeological finds and its namesake ancient hermitage cave.
Highlights of This Tour:
- Batubulan: home of Balinese sculptors and Barong dance performances
- Mount Batur, Kintamani: highland panoramas over Bali’s caldera lake
- Goa Gajah, ancient temple site and archaeological complex
- Ubud: Bali's hub of arts, culture and history
- Celuk and Mas: Balinese village of gold and silversmiths
- 9-hour tour