The best restaurants in Ubud come in a wide range, from modern fine-dining within 5-star resorts to authentic local restaurants minutes away from lush rice fields. The main street of Jalan Raya Ubud, down to Jalan Hanoman and Jalan Monkey Forest, is lined with an eclectic mix of restaurants, cafes and bistros.
Tegallalang and Jalan Raya Sanggingan are where you can find some of the island’s upmarket restaurants, many of which overlook Bali’s central highlands river valleys. For unbeatable scenery and delectable cuisine in Bali, book a table at one of Ubud’s most popular restaurants. Whether you’re craving comfort food from back home or looking to savour authentic Balinese dishes, there’s a restaurant in Ubud that’ll satisfy your appetite.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Locavore is an award-winning Ubud restaurant that serves modern, contemporary European cuisine using locally grown ingredients. This small but usually fully-booked restaurant was founded in 2013 by chefs Eelke Plasjmeijer and Ray Adriansyah. Dishes vary by season, which may include grilled octopus, roasted quail breast, and goat liver mousse. If you’re vegetarian, the cassava garlic mousseline, banana blossom cooked in white curry, and oven-roasted jicama with passionfruit emulsion are highly recommended. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Lunch: Tuesday–Saturday from 12pm to 2.30pm. Dinner: Monday–Saturday from 6.30pm to 10pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Jalan Dewi Sita No.10, Banjar Padang, Tegal, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 977 733
Bridges Bali is a multi-level restaurant overlooking Ubud’s Campuhan River. It has a dedicated wine and cocktail bar below its riverfront dining space. Most couples will enjoy meals at the upper dining hall, which offers intimate spaces and unique viewpoints over the valley. These mezzanine-like corners also overlook most of the restaurant’s terrace, which are dotted with candlelit tables. Must-tries at Bridges Bali include pan-fried barramundi, jasmine-smoked duck breast, and suckling pig tortellini. The restaurant often doubles as an art gallery, where you can see regular painting, sculpture and artistic photographic exhibits. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11.30pm
- Location: Jalan Raya Campuhan, Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 908 0336
Mozaic is a fine-dining Ubud restaurant that specialises in French-inspired Asian cuisine. Chef-owner Chris Salans presents his fresh approach to French cuisine that incorporates local, exotic Balinese ingredients through a varying menu, together with private dinner experiences. You can choose to enjoy meals in an open garden setting or cosy dining pavilion. A dedicated lounge is subtly lit by crystal chandeliers, with plush sofas providing a comfortable zone for pre-dinner cocktails and tapas. The menu focuses on local seasonal produce – must-tries include the pan-seared coral trout, king mackerel in Balinese coconut oil, and Javanese baby lamb. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 2pm and from 6pm to 8.45pm
- Location: Jalan Raya Sanggingan, Kedewatan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 975 768
CasCades at The Viceroy Bali serves French cuisine, with inventive Asian twists derived from Balinese, Thai and Japanese cooking. Set amid luxurious Balinese open pavilions, the restaurant offer views over the lush Petanu Valley in Ubud. Every month, it hosts full moon dinner and dances, with Balinese Rijsttafel and á la carte dinners accompanied by a 2-hour performance from a celebrated local dance troupe. Standout dishes at CasCades include mushroom risotto, bebek betutu (Balinese spiced confit duck leg), and BBQ style Spanish pork chop Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 3pm and from 6pm to 9.30pm
- Location: The Viceroy Bali, Jalan Lanyahan, Banjar Nagi, Ubud, Bali 80571 Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 972 111
Blanco par Mandif serves delicious and innovative Indonesian and French cuisine through a wide range of tasting menus. The restaurant is located within the Blanco Renaissance Museum, a hilltop home and studio of the late Don Antonio Blanco. Overlooking the famous Campuhan River, it can accommodate up to 10 diners, attracting those looking for an exclusive dining experience in Bali. Highly recommended dishes on the a la carte menu are the smoked aubergine – mushroom melange, coco husk grilled octopus, and Sher Wagyu MR9. Blanco par Mandif also offers separate tasting menus (7- or 9-course with optional beverage pairings) for vegetarians and pescatarians. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 2pm and from 6pm to 8.30pm
- Location: Blanco Renaissance Museum, Jalan Raya Tjampuhan, Ubud, Sayan, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 479 2284
Kubu at Mandapa Bali offers scenic riverside views and fine Mediterranean-European dining in Ubud. This open-air restaurant is popular for its signature 6- to 8-course degustation menus, which consist of dishes like the lobster cocktail, grilled black cod, Pork Belly Confit, and braised Wagyu short rib. For dessert, you can enjoy berry frappe (pickled strawberries, basil and coconut milk), petit fours, and chocolate cappuccino. Crafted mainly from bamboo, Kubu at Mandapa Bali accommodates around 40 diners at a time, so booking ahead is an absolute must if you plan on dining in one of its 9 private dining cocoons. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30pm to 11pm
- Location: Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Jalan Raya Kedewatan No.Banjar, Kedewatan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 479 2777
Seniman Coffee Studio is a quirky café that serves speciality single-origin coffee from over 5 different regions in Indonesia. Brewing options include siphon, pour-over drip, hand-pull and espresso-based drinks. The artistically laid-out space is very cosy, with in-house designed furniture and ‘up-cycled’ glassware. There’s a wide selection of coffee beans and designer items for sale at its adjacent store. Seniman Coffee Studio also offers workshops for those looking to learn about the craft and process of brewing, from roasting and cupping to steaming milk and creating latte art. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 11.59pm
- Location: Jalan Sriwedari No 5, Ubud, Bali 80581, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)623 6197 2085
Bebek Tepi Sawah is the signature restaurant of the Tepi Sawah Villas in Peliatan, a rice field region southeast of central Ubud. The menu includes contemporary western as well as innovative Indonesian and Balinese specialities. Wooden pavilions dot a large functioning rice field, offering al fresco dining overlooking the greens, running streams and flowering gardens. Standouts at Bebek Tepi Sawah are the popular crispy deep-fried duck, pork ribs and mixed seafood selections. All dishes are served with spicy Balinese sauces. On Saturday evenings, you get to enjoy free live joged bumbung, a traditional dance performance accompanied by a bamboo orchestra. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Location: Jalan Raya Goa Gajah, Banjar Teges, Peliatan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 975 656
Swept Away at The Samaya Ubud Bali sits on an elevated deck overlooking Ayung River. The ambience here is excellent for a relaxed dining experience that is close to nature. Choices on offer at Swept Away include mini wagyu burgers, Indonesian satay skewers, and crispy baby squid. For those looking to sip a few cocktails or beers, there is a lounge area that also overlooks the river. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: The Samaya Ubud Bali, Jalan Raya Sayan, Sayan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)361 973 606
Hujan Locale carries a vintage theme, with colonial-style wooden doors and windows, and a small portico acting as its main entrance. Serving heritage Asian cuisine with a twist, signature dishes by Chef Will Meyrick include babi panggang (roasted pork), Sundanese steamed and fried fish dumplings, and Nothern Sumatran octopus rendang (curry dish). For drinks, try Hujan Locale’s signature Hujan gin & tonic (Tanqueray infused butterfly pea lower and premium Indian tonic water). The best seats are upstairs, where you can enjoy an airy atmosphere with one side overlooking Sriwedari and the opposite offering an exotic view of a temple complex. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 12pm to 11pm
- Location: Jalan Sri Wedari No. 5, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)813 3972 0306