Where to Shop and What to Buy in Bali
Virtually everybody comes to Bali to shop, and even if shopping wasn't the ultimate aim, you'll still end up with fascinating and irresistible buys. Bali shopping introduces you to a treasure trove of fine art and handicrafts, antique and semi-antique furniture, paintings, delicately carved jewellery, wood and stone carvings, masks, woven and dyed fabrics.
Bargaining in markets, shops and art galleries, is normal practice and getting a good price depends largely on one's bargaining prowess. As bargaining forms a large part of the Bali shopping fun, remember to bring along some cash - as not all places accept credit cards - and be good humoured. The best shops in Bali open late, usually 10:00 - 23:00.
International labels, local boutique designers, plus skillful tailors and dressmakers all offer reliable 24-hour services. Shops selling similar items are normally grouped together to make comparing prices easy, and if the shop you're in doesn't have a particular colour or size, why, just pop over next door!
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion