XL Shisha Lounge is the only evening hangout in Ubud central with a Middle Eastern vibe. Here you can chill out in the evenings with regular live music, and a good selection of tapas and shishas. The little bar and restaurant is easy to find, positioned right beside Ubud’s soccer field and visible from across Jalan Monkey Forest Road.
Step inside, and you are instantly welcomed to a warm and friendly ambiance. Ceilings are covered in colourful silken Bedouin tent-like drapes, its floors are colourfully tiled, and indoor fountains, Moroccan sofas and chairs, and just a slight hint of Bali through classical paintings are among its décor.
Besides settling for a cold draft Bintang, Heineken or San Mig to accompany your live NFL or soccer feeds, you can also opt for a good meal or light bite with its variety of Indonesian and western cuisine. Some Dutch selections are on the menu courtesy of its owner, the likes of ‘vlammetjes’ beef spring rolls and ‘bitterballen’ beef balls. Single dishes of favourite morsels start from only IDR 20,000 (USD 1.50).
Shisha pipes are popular here with many groups chilling out on sofas with friends smoking, chatting and listening to the chilled music. The pipes were flown in from Egypt, with Al-Fakher tobaccos from The Emirates. Flavours to explore include mint, orange, strawberry, rose, apple, cherry and melon, which all can be mixed for fruity sensations. Live music plays between 20:00 and 23:00.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
XL Shisha Lounge
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 03:00
- Location: Jalan Monkey Forest 129, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 975 751