Tegenungan Waterfall is a great attraction for nature lovers staying in Ubud or have neighbouring Sukawati among their sightseeing itineraries. The waterfall is halfway between Ubud and Bali’s provincial capital of Denpasar and is considered the closest natural attraction of its kind that you can reach within a half-hour drive southeast from Ubud central.
You can go down to the vast pebbly base and enjoy a dip in the plunge pool, but this is not advised after heavy downpours, due to the risk of flash floods. There are restaurants here that serve great local dishes such as the signature Balinese-style crispy fried duck and which serve as good spots to hang out before or after heading down to Tegenungan Waterfall.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Good to know about Tegenungan waterfall
Getting to the falls is a pleasant drive down paved village roads lined with stretches of green rice fields on both sides. Upon reaching the end of the road, you’ll enter the parking and entrance, with ticket booths up front. This area is lined with art and souvenir shops, together with small local warung stalls selling snacks and cold drinks.
The falls are only several minutes’ walk down the trail beyond the shops, where you’ll enjoy the impressively green valley panorama with the cascading water as a centrepiece. Dense foliage frames the falls, and the water volume is impressive at almost any time of year, but normally at its strongest during the wet season (October to April).
- Location: Jalan Ir. Sutami, Kemenuh, Sukawati, Gianyar, Bali 80581, Indonesia