The Puri Singaraja Royal Palace, also referred to locally with various names such as Puri Agung Singaraja after the town and Puri Gede Buleleng after the kingdom, is the home of North Bali’s late ruler, Ki Gusti Anglurah Pandji Sakti. The palace was built in the 17th century and represents a significant part in the region’s rich, cultural heritage. The palace is a primary stop-off on tours to Singaraja Town, with the Gedong Kirtya ancient Balinese manuscripts museum close by.
The Puri Singaraja Royal Palace is located on Jalan Mayor Metra in the centre of town, and you can drop in anytime for a palace tour. Inside, you will discover beautiful Balinese architecture through the custodian family’s main living quarters, the unique network of interconnecting courtyards and the royal family’s shrines and temples. If you are lucky, you might have the royal family’s elder, Anak Agung Ngurah Brawida, as your host, who is fluent in English. He will also often proudly show you around the palace quarters, including the family’s old ‘lontar’ manuscript or chronicles.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
As you walk around you will see large portraits of the royal family hanging on the walls. A separate pavilion features all the personal belongings of Brawida’s late grandfather, late author Pandji Tisna, who was also the founder of Lovina Beach with the first hotel in the area. Here you’ll see copies of his books (earliest examples of modern Balinese literature), early international newspaper clippings about Lovina, preserved photographs, his large portrait and his old but intact typewriter on display.
The Royal Palace of Singaraja
- Opening Hours: 16:00-18:00
- Location: Jalan Mayor Metra, Singaraja, Buleleng, North Bali
- Tel: +62 (0)362 229 74