Pura Taman Saraswati is a beautiful water temple in central Ubud, accessible from the Jalan Kajeng side street that’s right off the main road of Jalan Raya Ubud. The temple is a great highlight on your walks through Ubud town. It features classical Balinese temple architecture and a beautiful foyer with ponds filled with blooming pink lotuses.
Entry into Pura Taman Saraswati is free but, as with any temple visit in Bali, a sash and sarong around the waist are required. You can also drop into Café Lotus for a minimum dinner cover charge, which will get you the best view over the lotuses and to the temple’s open stage. Traditional dance performances are regularly held here in the evenings.
You can enter the temple from behind the amphitheatre at any time of the day. Admire the calming atmosphere, architectural features and sandstone bas reliefs that honour the Hindu goddess of knowledge and arts, Saraswati, for which it's named after.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Pura Taman Saraswati Temple
- Location: Jalan Kajeng, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia