The Pura Paluang Temple could just be the most unique temples you’ll visit in Bali. This temple is often called the “Bali Car Temple” by travellers, or “pura mobil” by locals. It features shrines in the form of a house… and cars! It’s one of the must-see attractions if you’re travelling to Nusa Penida, particularly around the island’s rugged limestone cliffs on the southwestern coast. The temple is often on the itinerary of visits to Kelingking Beach, a scenic outlook several minutes’ motorbike ride west.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Unique Features of Pura Paluang Temple
The Pura Paluang Car Temple is within the local community of Sebun Ibus in the Karangdawa village of Nusa Penida. The temple is located within a monkey forest and overlooks the Indian Ocean. It is built of white sandstone and the inner sanctum features a shrine built to resemble a small house between two cars – a jeep and a VW beetle – carved out of stone. The elders of the village have no account of how the temple came to be,and claim that it stood long before there were any cars in Indonesia. To add to the mystery, locals claim to hear the sounds of car engines coming from the site at night!
Pura Paluang Temple
- Location: Karangdawa Village, West Nusa Penida, Nusa Penida Island