Pura Paluang is one of the most unique temples in Bali. Located on the island of Nusa Penida, this unique complex is often called the Bali Car Temple by travellers, mainly because it has shrines in the form of a house and 2 cars.
If you’re travelling to Nusa Penida, particularly around the island’s rugged limestone cliffs on the southwestern coast, you can combine a visit to Pura Paluang with Kelingking Beach, a scenic outlook 650 metres west.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Features of Pura Paluang Temple
The Pura Paluang Car Temple is within the local community of Sebun Ibus in Karangdawa village. The structure is made of white sandstone, with an inner sanctum housing a stone shrine that looks like a small house between a jeep and a VW beetle.
The elders of the village have no account of how the temple came to be, though it’s believed to be built long before there were any cars in Indonesia. To add to the mystery, locals claim to hear the sounds of car engines coming from Pura Paluang at night.
Pura Paluang Temple
- Location: Karangdawa Village, Southwest Nusa Penida, Bunga Mekar, Klungkung, Bali, Indonesia