Paon Bali Cooking Class is a great activity for foodies, especially for those interested in learning more about the varied ingredients and unique techniques that go into preparing traditional Balinese cuisine. The classes are hosted by Balinese couple, Wayan and Puspa, in their Balinese home that’s located in the cool and quaint upland village of Petulu, around a 10-minute drive up from the Ubud central via Jalan Raya Andong or the Jalan Raya Ubud main street that runs through the hub of town.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Half-Day Cooking Classes at Paon Bali
The cooking classes at Paon Bali are available in two half-day time slots: morning or afternoon. The morning classes include a visit to a bustling local fresh market where you’ll learn about the various local produce such as tropical herbs, spices, vegetables and even fruits that usually make up the traditional dishes. Most of the fresh items will be purchased and brought back to be used at the class. You will also come by the rice fields of the local village and learn about the traditional agriculture.
Back at the beautiful kitchen-garden of a traditional Balinese house where Paon Bali resides, you will then don an apron and follow step-by-step instructions from Wayan and Puspa based on prepared recipes. Typically, your recipes comprise 3 starters, 4 main courses, and a Balinese dessert. Classes are held in English. You will most likely join the classes with other participants, and can mingle and trade stories while making new friends. After successfully completing the recipes on your own, you will then be able to sit down together and enjoy the satisfying Balinese meals.
Paon Bali Cooking Class
- Opening Hours: 07:00-22:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Laplapan, Petulu, Ubud