Old Man’s Bar in Canggu is a hip beer garden near the dark sand beachfront of Batu Bolong Beach. The bar is conveniently right in front of the lava reef’s rights, so you can drop in any time before or after surfing. The bar’s thatched roof main pavilion is perfect for hanging out with friends and to cool off during the day, with seating that ranges from benches under wide Balinese style parasols, to striped and colourful beanbags for lounging over its green lawn.
By day, kick back with a cold Bintang (USD 1.80 or IDR 25,000 a bottle) at hand and some simple meals, such as burgers, fries and salads priced between USD 4 and 8 (IDR 54,000-110,000), all while enjoying sea breezes and the surfing action. The fun and friendly atmosphere takes on a wilder partying scene after sunsets, particularly during Old Man’s Bar’s ‘Dirty Ol’ Wednesday nights that always has drinking games, and their table tennis turned into a makeshift beer pong stage.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
The crowd at Old Man’s Bar consists of a good mix of locals, visitors and expats, and basically it’s a place to ‘come as you are’, make new friends and get your weekend started properly. Live bands playing anything from reggae to rock and DJs spinning upbeat disco to a packed crowd are regular evening highlights. Check out their happy hours between 17:00-18:00, with loads of Jose Cuervo on offer.
Old Man’s Bar
- Opening Hours: 07:00-24:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 8469 158
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/oldmansbali/