Nyoman Gunarsa Museum is the namesake private gallery of the late Balinese maestro, Nyoman Gunarsa. The art museum was established in 1990 and houses a collection of his classical and contemporary Balinese artworks, ranging from paintings and sculptures to antique items.
Known locally as Museum Seni Lukis Klasik, the museum covers 3 floors, 2 of which are the main galleries displaying in-house artwork while the other is reserved for local and international guest artists’ exhibits. The museum is 3 km west of Semarapura, the capital of the Klungkung regency.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
What to see at Nyoman Gunarsa Museum
Nyoman Gunarsa Museum’s ‘classical’ collection displays 250 paintings that were created over a span of 15 years. You’ll also find a range of traditional Balinese statues, wayang shadow puppets, and an assortment of kris daggers, most of which are historical artefacts of the Gelgel royal court that ruled Klungkung in the 16th century. Meanwhile, inside the ‘modern’ department, you’ll find most of the maestro’s own masterpieces. The museum has a laidback ambiance and you can amble around freely. You can even step into one of the maestro’s studio areas, where he used to create his masterpieces.
Besides admiring the art pieces within each of the galleries, the architectural features of the Nyoman Gunarsa Museum’s exteriors itself are worth appreciating. Check out the palatial gate in front of the guest artists’ exhibit area, designed by the late maestro himself. There’s also a bookstore with mainly art-related publications, as well as a souvenir shop, a small café and a spacious tropical garden.
Nyoman Gunarsa Museum
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 9am to 4pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Jalan Pertigaan Banda No.1, Takmung, Banjarangkan, Takmung, Klungkung, Bali 80716, Indonesia
- Tel: +62 (0)366 22255