The Munduk and Melanting waterfalls are among Bali’s most scenic natural landmarks. They’re set within Bali’s lush and forested central-northern highland region. The falls are at the end of a 300-metre walk from the main road on which trekkers can enjoy soothing nature sights and sounds along the forest route. Only a short trek north from Munduk is Melanting waterfall.
Cool mists and the rushing sound of water greet you upon reaching the Munduk waterfall. Here you can wade into the rocky pool for a refreshing dip. Another trek leads you through a lush forest towards the Melanting waterfall. For nature lovers, it’s all about venturing into Bali’s ‘wild side’ with the 2 falls as the prize.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Features and best time to visit Munduk and Melanting waterfalls
At an altitude of approximately 850 metres above sea level, the Munduk and Melanting waterfalls neighbour local clove and coffee plantations that are also a sightseeing feature of this region. A famous plantation and resort here with luxury accommodation is the Munduk Moding Plantation, only half a kilometre southwest from the falls’ site. The best time to go on nature treks here is from June to August when it’s not too hot or drizzly.
Munduk and Melanting Waterfalls
- Location: Jalan Kayu Putih, Munduk, Banjar, Buleleng, Bali 81152, Indonesia