Munduk and Melanting Waterfalls in Bali
Waterfalls in the Central Bali Highlands0
Munduk and Melanting waterfalls are among Bali’s most scenic, located within Bali’s lush and forested central-northern highland region. The falls are a highlight feature of the namesake village of Munduk in Buleleng, North Bali, reachable after a 300m walk from the main road on which trekkers can enjoy soothing nature sights and sounds along a forest route. Only a short trek north from Munduk is Melanting waterfall, which offers similar features.
Cool mists and the rushing sound of water greet you upon reaching the Munduk waterfall. Here you can wade into the rocky pool for a cold dip. A further (often dirt to slightly muddy) trek towards the Melanting waterfall leads you through a lush forest with rivers and nature calls before a bridge that actually traverses over the fall’s peak. Definitely for nature lovers, it’s all about venturing into Bali’s ‘wilde side’ and these two falls serving as your prize.
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
At an altitude of approximately 850m above sea level, the Munduk and Melanting waterfalls neighbour local clove and coffee plantations that are also a sightseeing feature of this region. A famous plantation and resort here with luxury accommodation is the Munduk Moding Plantation, only half a kilometre southwest from the falls site. The best time to go on nature treks here is June to August, when it’s not too hot or drizzly.
Munduk and Melanting Waterfalls
- Location: Gobleg village, Banyuatis, Buleleng
You May Also Like