Bali Volcano Activity Update - July 3, 2018
- Mount Agung’s volcanic alert level is at Level 3. Minor eruptions with ash plumes occured on June 28, since the first signs of its increase in volcanic activity on November 25, 2017.
- The hazard zone is within a 4-kilometre radius of Mount Agung's crater.
- Most activities in Bali are unaffected, but disruptions to some flight schedules are expected.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Climbing Mount Agung
During Mount Agung’s quieter times, it is a favourite challenge among trekkers and climbers. Bali’s ‘mother temple’ of Besakih calls the mountain its home. The temple's grand complex is situated on the southwestern slopes of the Bali volcano. During these safe times, guided climbing tours usually start out very early. The longest treks usually set out before midnight. Shorter treks, on the other hand, set out at the Pasar Agung Temple after midnight.
This ensures you reach the peak just before daybreak to capture the first light of day. Witnessing such is truly a remarkable experience. You can see the whole island from the top of the mountain – a true 360-degree panoramic view. It's highly advised to take a guide with you. It's best to book a professional guide once you know your travel plans. However, there are many locals who will act as a guide in the town at the foot of the mountain.
From the summit of the mountain on a clear day, you can also usually capture a glimpse of Mount Rinjani. Rinjani is the tallest peak on the neighbouring island of Lombok. You're advised to report to the local police station in Selat village before starting your expedition. You should also report back again after you’ve accomplished your climb. Going with an accompanying local guide is very recommended. Further information about the Bali volcano is available at the reporting station. Guide services are mostly included if you book a sunrise climb, such as from the tour available below.
- Location: Jungutan, Bebandem, Karangasem, East Bali