Merta Nadi Art Market in Bali
Roadside Art Shops in Legian0
Merta Nadi Art Market is a great stopover for handicrafts and souvenirs on your leisurely stroll through Legian’s pedestrian-friendly street of Jalan Melasti. This roadside complex of art shops is one of Legian’s largest, home to over a dozen individual shops that each offer a variety of items and at different prices, allowing for an exciting bargain hunt for those willing to hone their haggling skills.
You’ll find a huge variety at the Merta Nadi Art Market. Items range from household linens such as vibrant batiks and traditional ikat (tie-dye) cloths in many colours, as well as in ready-to-wear and raw uncut forms (sold between IDR 75,000 and 300,000 or USD 5-22). Other items that you may consider for the living room back home include wayang shadow puppets, ornamental fans, and a virtually endless assortment of Balinese paintings and woodcarvings.
Unsurprisingly, like in any other art market in Bali, you’ll also come across knock-off brand items such as Oakley sunglasses and Bintang print shirts and singlets. If you want to experience the real deal this is one thing you must try but always remember to be calm when you get hassled by stall owners, take a careful look at things you want to buy, and of course, bargaining is a must.
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
Merta Nadi Art Market
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 21:00
- Location: Jalan Melasti, Legian
You May Also Like