Manta Point is the name of a popular dive spot off the southernmost shore of Nusa Penida Island. It is so named as it’s one of the main dive sites in Bali where you can spot manta rays. These graceful rays are visible on almost every dives, along with spotted stingrays and nurse sharks. You can dive here all year round, however, the best time to go is usually between August and October, when visibility can be an excellent 20 metres deep. Most trips depart from the dive resorts on Nusa Lembongan, or from the coasts of Sanur and Padang Bai on the Bali mainland.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Diving at Manta Point
The waters around Manta Point can get fairly cold, due to the open currents from the Indian Ocean. However, visibilty is often excellent here, allowing you to better explore and photograph the prolific marine life under the surface. Other sights to see here include occasional sea turtles, reef sharks, and the oceanic sunfish ormola-mola. At around 10 metres within the protected bay, mantas freely roam and feed in the plankton-rich waters while enjoying the symbiotic company of cleaner wrasses who rid their bodies of parasites.
- Tour Available: Dive Mola-Molas and Mantas Tour
- Location: Batukandik Village, South Coast, Nusa Penida Island