Lempad House (Lempad’s House), often referred to as Lempad of Bali House, is a historical site in Ubud. The quaint Balinese home compound was the home of the late great Balinese artist, I Gusti Nyoman Lempad. As an architect, Lempad designed many of the palaces and temples throughout Ubud and as a painter, his distinctive line drawings, which drew inspiration from local folklore, greatly influenced the Balinese art scene.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Visiting Lempad House
Lempad was one of the great Balinese artists to have befriended well-known European artists who also contributed to the Balinese art ‘renaissance’, including German painter, Walter Spies, whose body of work includes line drawings that depict Balinese life. After his passing in 1978, a regal cremation ceremony was held to honour his lifetime of achievement. His house on Jalan Dewi Sita still contains a number of his artworks produced during in his lifetime, ranging from sculptures around a beautiful Balinese garden to a collection of paintings in the home gallery.
Lempad House is well-maintained and managed by the late artist’s family, and is open for public visits. You can explore the beautiful gardens laid out with his wooden sculptures, some of which have blended in with the plant and floral growth. A great collection of his line drawings and paintings are also preserved in his workshop, although not many are hung up on display. On selected days, one of the late artist’s family members may greet you, and show you around while explaining about Lempad’s life and art. The house is a great spot to visit on your tour through Ubud central, especially on your walks down the Jalan Raya Ubud main street.
Recommended Hotel Nearby - Oka Kartini Bungalow
Lempad of Bali House
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Dewi Sita, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 973 302