Laka Leke Hideaway Restaurant offers lush garden dining with Balinese cultural dance performances shown regularly. The garden restaurant is located on Jalan Nyuh Kuning, in the village of the same name, which is a different route that leads you just behind the Ubud Monkey Forest of Padangtegal. The restaurant features an outdoor setting with Balinese-style thatch-roofed pavilions set around rice paddies, and buffets feature chiefly Indonesian cuisine.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
An a la carte menu is available, offering local Balinese favourites such as ‘nasi campur’, a mixed rice platter, together with signature crispy fried duck and a wide variety of satays. On Mondays, you can witness a 100-strong dance troupe performing the famous ‘kecak’ dance which, instead of gamelan instruments, features an acapella as the base soundtrack to a dance drama that depicts the pivotal episode from the Hindu epic Ramayana. Cultural dinners at Laka Leke Hideaway Restaurant start from IDR 375,000 (USD 28) per person, while ala carte items range between IDR 27,500 and IDR 105,000 (USD 2-8).
Come on a Wednesday and you’ll see the barong and kris dance, telling the story of the everlasting battle between good and evil. On Thursdays, it’s the fun and interactive social dance called the ‘joged’, which usually invites you as an audience to join in and ‘get down’. Saturdays show the amusing ‘frog dance’, which is performed by Balinese kids in cute frog costumes, depicting the racket that normally takes place in the rice fields after a rainstorm. Afternoon arts and craft workshops let you take part in woodcarving, kite-making, bamboo-weaving and gamelan.
Laka Leke Hideaway Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – 24:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Nyuhkuning, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 977 565