Kusamba Beach is one of East Bali’s many tranquil and exotic black sand beaches. Kusamba is notable however for its traditional salt farms that date back almost a thousand years. The salt farms are run by the local villagers who also make their living from fishing. On clear mornings, you will usually be able to catch a glimpse of the local fishermen going about their daily routines, preparing their nets and working together to haul their wooden ‘jukung’ outriggers out to sea. Meanwhile, other locals will usually be busy harvesting salt at plots nearby.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Salt Farming at Kusamba Beach
At Kusamba Beach, you’ll find the salt farmers repetitively fetching seawater in palm leaf buckets on carrying poles, then splashing them out onto the smoothened black sand under the scorching sun. The salt begins to crystallise after several hours of drying, which are then scraped off, collected and brought inside huts for the filtration processes. Besides witnessing the techniques, you can also bargain and purchase packets of salt directly from the farmers for a very reasonable price. For comparison, a half-kilogram packet sells for around IDR 25,000 (under USD 2) at the supermarkets.
Best Hotel on Kusamba Beach
Wyndham Tamansari Jivva Resort Bali
When you stay at Wyndham Tamansari Jivva Resort Bali in Banjarangkan, you'll be on the beach and 6 minutes by car from Lebih Beach.Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite. Read More...
- Location: Kusamba Beach, Jalan Kusanegara, Dawan, Klungkung, East Bali