Koh Bali is the island’s main hotspot that is inspired by the renowned underground clubbing scene of Berlin, and where you can dance your long nights away to regular house, techno house and deep house. The Seminyak nightclub is the brainchild of two Sydney pals: Dane Gorrel, owner of legendary watering hole Abercrombie Hotel, and fellow DJ Matt Weir of the popular S.A.S.H dance club. The joint is helmed by chief resident jock and music director James Taylor.
The club only opens right before midnight and, as you enter its small bunker-style warehouse, you’ll instantly find the underground clubbing look and feel, with vivid laser works and thumping beats. Sound quality is top-notch, with quality soundproofing and a Funktion One system that has been rejigged since its opening in mid-2015. Koh Bali promises a space with sound that matches some of the world’s best clubs.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Koh’s interiors were envisioned by Sydney designer Josh Clapp, who is also responsible for a number of nightspots Down Under. There are two separate levels that Josh designed totally apart. The bunker at the ground level is all about the quality of sound, while the bar and outdoor terrace is where you can head up to for a break or catch a different view overlooking Dhyana Street, all in a quaint 1930s European ambiance. Koh’s regulars are a good mix of expats and visitors.
Although Koh’s main game is house and techno, adding to its regular weekly programming are its drum and bass Thursday nights, which offers a more eclectic range of sounds, and also includes disco, deep tech and dancehall. Thursday nights see the doors opening earlier, at 22:00, and are also the main nights for Koh Bali’s series of monthly parties that often last into the weekends. An IDR 100,000-150,000 (USD 7.5-11) charge after midnight applies for most events.
- Opening Hours: Thu 22:00-04:00; Fri-Sat 23:00-05:00
- Location: Jalan Camplung Tanduk No.15X, Seminyak
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/kohbali/