Keramas Aero Park offers one of the most unique dining experiences in Bali. The island has several ‘abandoned planes’ lying around, but this is the only plane that was actually restored, painted in navy blue and red livery, and repurposed into a really quirky restaurant, complete with dining table and leather seat setups in makeshift interiors. Inside, you can enjoy local and international dishes served by its ‘flight attendants’. The plane is hard to miss along the Keramas Beach section of the Ida Bagus Mantra bypass, and is simply great for families looking for fun photo ops.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
The fuselage of the decommissioned 1985-built Boeing 737-400 series plane was transported to the plot among rice fields in Keramas in mid-2016. The wings were re-attached and steel supports help give an in-flight look and its major build began, complete with a green lawn and bar for alfresco dining. After months of speedy construction and final touch-ups, it then ‘took flight’, welcoming its first diners in October the same year. Through cabin windows, green rice fields and the waves of Keramas – including the outline of Nusa Penida on the horizon – accompany your lunch and dinners here.
A ‘boarding pass’ for different ‘flight classes’ costs around IDR 250,000 (USD 18) for two, which treats you to a selection of local Balinese and Indonesian favourites, such as satays, as well as western bites off a kids menu, such as grilled sausage bacon rolls served with French fries and chilli mayo sauce (IDR 35,000 or USD 2.60). You don’t need to worry about legroom here – the tables are well spaced. The ceilings are fitted with cool blue and fuchsia mood LED lighting, making for great in-flight selfie moments, but you can also ask for access to the wing, for even crazier shots!
Keramas Aero Park
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Jalan Bypass Ida Bagus Mantra KM. 28, Keramas, Gianyar
- Tel: +62 (0)361 479 1830
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/keramasaeropark