Kemenuh Butterfly Park is Bali’s latest attraction that lets you freely roam through flowering garden enclosures to admire nature’s artistry. The park opened at the turn of 2016, becoming Bali’s second butterfly park after the Bali Butterfly Park in Tabanan. The park is a great stopover on tour itineraries to the Sukawati area, with its art market, the Tegenungan Waterfall, and the Celuk and Mas silver and goldsmith villages all within a near kilometre’s radius.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
The park offers an educational and recreational tour. Paved pathways meander through expansive flowering garden enclosures that are covered by netted canopies. Inside, over 500 butterfly specimens flutter with ease, siphoning nectar from flower to flower. Local businessman and nature lover, Ida Bagus Witara, found an affinity in butterflies and set out to create Kemenuh Butterfly Park as the largest conservation park of its kind on the island.
Tickets are IDR 100,000 (around USD 7.60) for adults and half the price for kids, which includes a welcome drink upon arrival. At the lobby, you can learn about butterflies and their relatively short life stages through large diagrams on the walls. Inside, among the most prominent species you’ll see include the vivid Papilio peranthus, the bright orange Common Cruiser and the giant Atticus Atlas moth. Mini nurseries also show pearlescent cocoons of various species.
Kemenuh Butterfly Park
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 18:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Kemenuh, Sukawati, Gianyar
- Tel: +62 (0)851 0002 1935
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Kemenuh-Butterfly-Park-443035885896798