Kamala Home Boutique Showroom in Bali
Designer Furniture and Interior Items in Ubud0
Kamala Home Boutique Showroom is one of Ubud’s great go-to places for unique contemporary designer furniture and décor. Improvised from two Balinese courtyard townhouses, these adjacent showrooms on Jalan Tegal Sari (only several minutes north from Ubud central’s royal palace and main road), welcome you to experiential shopping – locally-made and sourced furniture, fixtures and home accessories are laid out just as they would be in a house.
Part of Design Solutions, a Bali-based interior design and architecture firm headed by founder and creative director Lloyd Hassencahl, Kamala Home Boutique Showroom serves as a one-stop shop for ideas to spruce up your bedroom or living room back home. Having tailored various villas, boutique resorts and restaurants for over a decade – Bulgari Resort Bali and Biku Restaurant to name a few – some of the designs that you’ll find here are quite inimitable. You can also consult their team for truly personalised designs.Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Their current design approach is what they refer to as ‘tropical modern’ – a blend of east and west, with aesthetic combinations of local, Asian, African and European elements. Colourful silken and embroidered upholsteries, decorated pillows (IDR 750,000 to 2.2 million or USD 57 to 152 depending on fabric and size), quilted bedcovers, specially-sourced antique style Javanese statuettes and Balinese style fruit tower trays, lighting fixtures, wall treatments and home accessories grace the collections.
For furniture, their bent rattan chairs with graphic geometric Batik hand-dyed upholstery, paired with an antique style Javanese dowry trunk studded with brass nails and tracery, is certainly worth a look if you’re looking for a vintage feel to adorn your porch or lounge. The rarer antique items such as a dowry trunk can cost up to several million rupiahs. A large lounge chair ranges from IDR 2.5 million to 8.5 million (USD 192 to 650) depending on materials used.
Even if you can’t decide upon an item, walking through Kamala Home Boutique Showroom’s tangible environment is a feast for the eyes, and which will surely spark ideas.
Kamala Home Boutique Showroom
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00 – 17:00
- Location: Jalan Tegal Sari No.10, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)812 380 6485
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Kamala-Home-1513643102279682