The Jimbaran market, also known as ‘Pasar Desa Adat Jimbaran’, is the main source of fresh groceries and daily necessities among the local residents of the Jimbaran village. This morning market is centrally located on the Jalan Uluwatu main road, before entering the sunset and seafood beachfront area of Jimbaran bay. Busiest at sunrise with locals and sellers doing their hard bargaining, it’s a great stopover for cheap tropical fruits and other fresh items.
Mornings are quite the sight at the Jimbaran market, with mild traffic congestion on nearby roads being very commonplace, and parking also a hectic scene as locals shuffle in and out on motorcycles while sellers unload their wares. Nevertheless, a stopover and walk through the market gives you a glimpse into the fresh variety available, as well as a lot of photo opportunities. Most times, you’d only need to drop by the roadside stalls to catch the action.
The market is often included as an itinerary item on market tours by cooking classes, such as Bumbu Bali based in Tanjung Benoa, Anika Cooking Class in Tuban, as well as guest activities offered by the notable Jimbaran resorts such as the Four Seasons and the InterContinental Bali Resort. The market often concludes visits to the island’s main seaside fish market in the neighbouring village of Kedonganan, found several minutes’ journey north.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour