Jalan Legian in Bali
Shopping and Nightlife in Legian Street
Jalan Legian (Legian Street) is the primary walking street of the second most popular beach resort area after Kuta, lined with a good variety of shops, bars, hotels and clubs. The street connects Kuta and Seminyak. Several alleys, including Poppies Lane (I and II) and Jalan Sahadewa (aka 'Garlic Lane') branch off to the beach from this street. Footpaths on both sides offer great walks for both shoppers by day, and night owls after sunset.
As a walking street, Jalan Legian is where you’ll find most of the area's daytime shopping and dining spots. Many small art shops let you hop from one to another while practicing your bargaining skills, and for fixed price shopping (with endless ‘discount’ promos) there are many brand outlets such as Rip Curl and Surfer Girl which have their flagship stores here. Massage and reflexology parlours also welcome you in for pampering breaks.
Near the southern end stands the ‘Ground Zero’ memorial, a central Legian landmark (attraction and sightseeing options in Legian are scarce), and where many visitors take their holiday photos. The end of the shopping street turns right towards Kuta Beach, and the length of Jalan Pantai Kuta will then take you full circle north to Legian’s Jalan Melasti, where you can find a different set of shopping choices at the Merta Nadi Art Market.
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
Photos of Jalan Legian
Hotels around Jalan Legian
- Highlights: Jalan Raya Legian, Legian
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 23:00