Engine Room is a hip three-storey nightclub that chugs away nightly with a mostly young crowd on the main street of downtown Legian. The club’s doors open in the afternoon, earlier than most of the late night spots along the same strip. Partygoers can drop straight into the main dance floor from the Legian sidewalk, and it is a popular first stop on their club-hopping adventures, with other great hubs such as Sky Garden and Vi Ai Pi just a short walk down the street.
The place gathers up steam around midnight as its team of resident DJs to turn up their beats from their booths with a good mix of hip hop, dub and trap. Passers-by along Jalan Legian can easily catch a glimpse of the Engine Room’s interior that is much alive with vivid lasers, disco balls and LED fixtures. Guests, regular and new, will find a convivial atmosphere as the staff here are seemingly trained to spread fun, either inviting you to dance or challenge you with a round of pool.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
As the crowd shuffles to the beats, watch out for the handouts of free Engine Room singlets with purchases of their bestselling booze. Smirnoff Ice shots are only IDR 10,000 (under a dollar) all night long, and happy hour is 19:00 to 01:00, when you can grab two lychee martinis or strawberry daiquiris for the price of one. Go big with their plastic tumblers of ‘blaster’ and ‘illusion’ cocktails, with lid and straw to keep you fuelled while getting down, spill-free.
The first, second and third levels are named the ‘front’, ‘red’ and ‘blue’ arenas respectively. Girls should watch out for the ‘ladies’ nights out’ specials, when Bintangs are only IDR 10,000 at the blue arena bar (live rugby and other sports feeds are also regularly shown here), and until 22:00 at the front bar. Engine Room is a regular hotspot on the Bali party map for schoolies from Down Under, particularly during the November holidays, and you can make good use of their VIP drink cards that entitles you to a free beer, Smirnoff or ‘blaster’ tumblers with every fifth stamp.
- Opening Hours: 16:00 - 04:00
- Location: Jalan Legian, Legian
- Tel: +62 (0)361 755 188
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/engineroombali/