(Dulang Kitchen, Bar & Garden closed down March 2016, reopening soon after as Bowl Mama, focusing on Thai boat noodles).
Dulang Kitchen, Bar & Garden is a bistro on Legian’s southern end of Jalan Dewi Sri with subtly lit interiors and walls adorned with framed mirrors and glassy props. Hidden from the busy traffic behind green hedges is its street-side garden that offers an alfresco spot to gather and chat over coffees or cocktails.
As a guest of the adjoining Pop! Hotel Legian, you’ll have easy access to Dulang Kitchen, Bar & Garden where they can opt for a selection of Asian fusion dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meanwhile, its street-side location and hotel’s parking space next door makes it an easy stopover for its mix of Chinese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese cuisine.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
This fourth and most prominent restaurant in Dulang’s local franchise serves families, while also providing several nooks with tables for two allowing for a more private ambiance. The air-conditioned main dining area surrounds a centrally positioned bar and is mainly non-smoking, while its complementing wooden deck porch overlooking the mini garden at front makes up as the place to go to for an after-meal ciggy.
Its classical themed dining room is laid out with a combination of whitewashed wooden tables, cushioned chairs and high sofas, and this wooden theme is dominant even for its ceilings. Mouth-watering mains include succulent pork ribs, spicy Indonesian favourites such as sop buntut oxtail soup (USD 9 or IDR 125,000) and beef rendang.
To explore more on other Asian flavours, there’s char kway teow stir-fried strip noodles, pad thai and bao gao bulgogi, a 24-hour braised beef short ribs at USD 8.5 (IDR 115,000), crispy boneless duck at only USD 5.5 (IDR 75,000), and crispy skin pan-fried barramundi at USD 8.8 (IDR 120,000). To wash them down, there’s a selection of thick shakes, smoothies and fresh fruit juices from USD 3 (IDR 35,000-40,000), while mojitos, margaritas, sangrias and negroni can be ordered from the bar.
Dulang Kitchen, Bar & Garden
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 08:00 - 23:00
- Location: Jalan Dewi Sri No. 1A, Legian
- Tel: +62 (0)361 938 615 4
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bowlmama