Devdan Show is a 90-minute theatrical show that is great for the whole family, which you can enjoy four times a week at Bali’s Nusa Dua Theatre near the bay of Nusa Dua and the Bali Collection.
The premise of the story is a boy and girl who decide to break away from their mundane tour group, only to stumble upon an enchanted treasure chest filled with various cultural objects from the different islands in the Indonesian archipelago, hence the shows subtitle, ‘Treasure of the Archipelago’.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
The two child actors also serve as narrators; each ‘discovery’ of an item from their treasure chest bringing on a corresponding scene onto the stage, with acrobatics on the floor and aerial silk dancers suspended from the ceiling. Each episode is brought to life with detailed props, lively choreography, pyrotechnics, laser and light displays, and music that alternates from traditional orchestral sounds to modern upbeat soundtracks.
The objects range from anything from a Balinese udeng headwear, a Javanese angklung bamboo instrument, tribal weaponry from Kalimantan, to a koteka gourd worn by men in Papua. Each basically serves as lead-ins to a tour of the Indonesian archipelago. Both entertaining and educational, it’s a great intro into the cultural diversity of Indonesia, with the acts and dances serving as eye candy.
From gigantic traditional puppets, ornate Sumatran houses and life-size Joglo wooden houses from Java, together with special effects such as a rotating stage, fireballs, artificial rain, illusions and lighting, all complement the dances. Kudos goes to the dance troupe and main cast, who keep it upbeat with their moves throughout the one-and-a-half hour show.
An aerial play finale features the two main characters, Deva and Dhana who give the show its name, gracefully flying through the air in dizzying heights, suspended on lengths of silk. At the end of the show, you can have your photos taken with the cast and crew all in full costumes, right outside the auditorium.
There are several seating arrangements with a VIP seats comprising plush leather sofas providing the sweetest viewing angle (IDR 1,560,000 per person). The three other categories range between IDR 520,000 and 1,105,000 with children admitted half the rates. Bookings can be made three months in advance.
Devdan Show – Treasure of the Archipelago
- Opening Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat 19:00 – 20:30
- Location: Nusa Dua Theatre (beside Bali Collection), Jalan Nusa Dua, Nusa Dua
- Tel: +62 (0)361 770 197
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/DevdanShowBali