Crystal Bay is the name of a secluded cove with a 200-metre stretch of sand on the west coast of Nusa Penida Island. Despite its isolation, the bay is quite accessible thanks to well-developed roads. Besides its beautiful palm-fringed beach, the bay is best known as one of Nusa Penida’s famous snorkelling and dive sites. Near the shore, the waves are swimmable during calmer tides with crystal-clear waters, hence its name. Divers praise the superb visibility, sometimes down to 30 metres.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Diving and Snorkelling at Crystal Bay
Crystal Bay is a short drive west from the Coco Resort Penida. This is one of the a very few resorts on the island’s western region. Down at the dark sand beach, you may find a couple of parasol-shaded sunbeds available for rent from locals. There are also a few local warungs (traditional food stalls) on the sand, selling snacks and cold drinks. You can practically don your snorkels and fins, and paddle out from the shore.
For divers, midyear is usually the migrating route of pelagic species, and you’ll have a high chance of catching glimpses of the mysterious mola-mola or oceanic sunfish, and even manta rays. For the regular beach lover, Crystal Bay is good for a day out, doing nothing on the sand. The bay is scenic, being surrounded by the nearby hilltops on both ends and with the Pulau Batumelinjong islet dotting the nearby horizon. You can also explore the seaside temple, Pura Segara Penida, halfway along the bay.
- Location: Sakti Village, West Coast, Nusa Penida Island