Casa Luna Cooking School is a popular cooking school in Ubud, brainchild of Janet de Neefe, an Australian who has become a naturalised Balinese since finding love on the island... and in the island’s cuisine. She has also published a series of memoirs and cookbooks, and is also founder of the annual Ubud Writers & Readers Festival. The Balinese cooking classes are mostly conducted by Janet herself, together with a staff of cooking guides, taking place at the Honeymoon Guesthouse on Ubud’s Jalan Bisma, southwest of the Puri Saren Ubud Royal Palace in Ubud central.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
What You’ll Learn at Casa Luna Cooking School
Besides learning about the exotic herbs and spices used in the traditional cuisine, as a Casa Luna Cooking School student, you’ll also learn specific references to the role and significance of the local food in Balinese society and Bali’s colourful ceremonies. The local cooking guides will also throw in local knowledge and personal experiences to the course, adding depth and insights to your whole experience. As a group, you’ll basically be shown how your own lavish Balinese lunch is cooked up, which you’ll ultimately enjoy, paired with local wines or homemade herbal teas.
Casa Luna Cooking School Bali provides different choices of schedules, from long table dinners, classes with morning market tours, to special dish highlights such as its favourite Sunday twilight Balinese smoked-duck class, which usually requires longer preparations and cooking processes. The cooking guides mostly do the work for you, but you can always insist on taking over for a more hands-on approach. The classes are great for couples, and some guests find bringing their kids along a great idea for their Ubud family holiday highlight. Prices start from USD 28 per person.
Casa Luna Cooking School
- Opening Hours: 09:30-13:00
- Location: Honeymoon Guesthouses, Jalan Bisma No.5, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 973 282