Bunut Bolong is a giant hollow banyan tree in the village of Manggisari in Jembrana, West Bali. This old, giant banyan tree is a natural landmark that’s sanctified by locals. They believe the tree is centuries old. There are tales of people who met their demise trying to chop it down to remove it. The tree has a large hollow at its base. This formed naturally, and is as wide as the main road that runs through it. Temple shrines adorned in yellow and white cloths are at both ends of the banyan tree’s straddling base.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Features of Bunut Bolong
The main road that runs through Bunut Bolong connects the village of Pekutatan in West Bali to the north coast. It's usually an alternative route for getting to North Bali via the central highlands. Bunut Bolong is a highlight on drives through the region. However, it's possible to take in the peculiar sight as part of a bigger tour of the area. You can also add it to your collection of stunning travel photos in Bali.
This unique Bali landmark is situated in a cool upland area. Fogs are common in the mornings and late afternoons. This adds a magical aura to the site. Bunut Bolong is practically a mid-journey highlight. There are no visiting fees and most visiting locals will usually head to the several warung or roadside food stalls selling snacks and refreshments nearby. From Kuta, Bunut Bolong is around a two-hour drive northwest.
Recommended Hotel Nearby - Puri Dajuma Villas
Puri Dajuma Villas
With a stay at Puri Dajuma Villas in Pekutatan, you'll be on the beach, and 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from Perancak Temple and 21.9 mi (35.3 km) from Baluk Rening Beach.Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage.Free self parking is available onsite. Read More...
- Location: Jalan Pekutatan, Manggisari Village, Jembrana, West Bali