These best local restaurants in Gili Trawangan offer you a slight break from the more upscale dining options that are available around the island’s coastlines. Sure, wonderful spots attached to Gilis T’s great hotels and resorts treat you to gentle sea breezes and spectacular ocean views, but their high prices often match the setting and service. However, most travellers to the Gili Trawangan and most of the Gilis are budget travellers looking for a fun island escape.
That’s why we’ve compiled all these best cheap places to eat on Gili Trawangan - the most popular of the three Gili Islands. These great local Gili restaurants might introduce you to some new local flavours, and even get you hooked. Enjoy from barbecued seafood to authentic local favourites such as nasi goreng fried rice and grilled satays. With this page to guide you, a fulfilling meal with an ice-cold beer won’t leave you broke and stranded on Gili Trawangan.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Gili Trawangan Night MarketGili Trawangan
As the main public dining spot on Gili Trawangan, the night market features a layout with different open-air food stalls. They open just before sunset, and most sell cheap traditional Sasak cuisine and Indonesian favourites. Enjoy a one-stop experience by browsing around to make your pick from the many fresh catches of the day. There are also all-time favourite Indonesian favourites such as nasi goreng, soto ayam chicken broth, and bakso meatball soup. Servings range between IDR 10,000 and 50,000 (USD 1 - 4). Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:30-01:00
- Location: Southeast Beach Pier, Gili Trawangan, Gili Islands
Pituq Café is a traditional bamboo hut-styled dining spot that’s off the beach and on a village side street on Gili Trawangan. Cosy settings are complemented by its range of tasty and healthy meals. In fact, it has become one of the most favourite places among Gili regulars living a health-conscious lifestyle. Even non-vegan and non-vegetarians can find a soothing relief through their smoothie bowls or their healthy juices to quench a midday thirst. Smoothie fruity bowls start from IDR 35,000 (USD 2.60).
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 22:00
- Location: Jalan Ikan Duyung, Gili Trawangan
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3677 5161
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Pituqcafe/
For a good, local meal with a real local feel, try this warung on the east coast. It’s right in from the main street and a short walk from the boat landing area on the east coast of Gili Trawangan. The spot surely expresses a traditional style of setup with tables laid out in front of a glass showcase where most of the homecooked omelettes, noodles, salads, fried tempeh, and various Lombok style cuisine are displayed and ready for order. Simply pick your items for your simple plate of nasi campur mixed rice. Depending on what and how much you order, it’s around IDR 45,000 (USD 3.50) per serving.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-19:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Gili Trawangan, Gili Trawangan
Open-air seaside ambiances, great seafood and nightly live music sum up Warung Warna well. Although it can come across too upmarket for a local restaurant, it’s one of the well-managed locally run restaurants on Gili Trawangan. You can have a good meal with friendly local hospitality at Warung Warna. The food ranges from selections from the grill and from the oven, with seafood barbecues and crispy crust pizzas. It offers Indonesian favourites such as fried rice and curries, as well as international selections (average IDR 70,000 or USD 5 per serving).
- Opening Hours: 08:00-23:00
- Location: Jalan Gili Trawangan, Gili Trawangan
- Tel: +62 (0)370 612 3859
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pg/WarungWarnaGilitrawangan
Warung Jaman Now (Wajan)
For good value meals with friendly local service, try Wajan, which means ‘cooking pan’ in the local tongue, but which is also a fun acronym of Warung Jaman Now, or roughly ‘warung of this day and age’. It serves favourite local and Indonesian dishes, such as nasi goreng fried rice and gado gado vegetable salad doused in spiced peanut sauce. It also presents a good selection of western bites, such as crispy chicken wraps, beef fajitas, spaghetti and chicken curry. The food is good and cheap, with dishes averaging IDR 35,000 (USD 2.45) per serving. It’s also a good spot to quench your thirst with fresh fruit juices in season.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-22:00
- Location: Jalan Ikan Hiu, Gili Trawangan
- Tel: +62 (0)818 0379 2555
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Warung-Jaman-Now-387781761642302/