Bali Eco Adventure is a village ecotourism initiative in the Bayad community of the Tegallalang village, several minutes’ transfer northeast from the main Ubud hub. It serves as a great option for nature lovers and those looking beyond rice field and valley vistas common to this central Bali region. Here you can combine sightseeing with a sense of discovery, as guided treks lead you through a dense forest, local plantations and an 11th Century-old labyrinth carved into the base of a hill.
The trail also leads you through expanses of organic gardens, with over 300 tropical fruits and trees, spices and medicinal herbs, which are all labelled with their scientific, traditional and common English names. These include some exotic fruits and flowers, ranging from wild orchids to ‘salak’ or snakeskin fruit in their thorny clusters on trees. Along the route, participants traverse a series of streams, waterfalls and purpose-built bamboo bridges, adding a sense of adventure to the overall experience.
This area runs along the Petanu River, which is profuse in local legend, and the site of the Goa Maya cave only adds an aura of mystery. This cave was once believed to be a meditational site dating back to the 11th Century, and locals believe it also served as backdrop to the legendary battle between Hindu God Indra and King Maya Denawa in the origin tale of Galungan Day celebrations. The end of the cave features stone idols dim-lit by oil lamps. Tours are around USD 60 per person with lunch and snacks included, and can be booked directly to their onsite office in Bayad.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Bali Eco Adventure Bayad
- Location: Jalan Sentanu No. 9, Bayad, Tegallalang, Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361) 901-874