Badung Market in Bali
Largest Traditional Market in Denpasar0
(Update: Badung Market has relocated to Jalan Cokroaminoto in Denpasar, 2Km north, due to major renovations following a fire in February 2016).
Badung Market, or ‘Pasar Badung’ in the local tongue, is considered the largest traditional market in Bali. It seemingly never sleeps, functioning as the main source of fresh produce among locals. Regular stalls open well before the break of dawn, with a daily flow of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers from suppliers in farming regions in the central highlands and elsewhere, and often stay open well after midnight, creating a night market scene.
The market comprises an open and spacious ground level area adjoining its parking space, and a four-storey building (currently under repair following a recent fire) that houses dozens of shops selling mostly non-perishable goods, such as batiks and other fabrics, household items, kitchen utensils and farming tools. The former is more attractive and most visited, with its vibrant rows of stalls selling fresh tropical fruits, flowers, meats and poultry, and other groceries.
The shopping scene can be a bit frenzied, and you’ll be walking along tight lanes occasionally shared by motorists. This central landmark in Denpasar is located on the eastern bank of the namesake Badung River, with the Kumbasari Art Market on the other side. The negotiable prices here can usually be a whole lot cheaper than in other markets in Bali, and the mandatory hard bargaining always adds to the shopping experience here.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 06:00 – 24:00
- Address: Jalan Sulawesi No. 1, Dangin Puri Kangin, Denpasar