(Update: Badung Market has relocated to Jalan Cokroaminoto in Denpasar, 2Km north, due to major renovations following a fire in February 2016).
Badung Market, or ‘Pasar Badung’ in the local tongue, is considered the largest traditional market in Bali. It seemingly never sleeps, functioning as the main source of fresh produce among locals. Regular stalls open well before the break of dawn, with a daily flow of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers from suppliers in farming regions in the central highlands and elsewhere, and often stay open well after midnight, creating a night market scene.
The market comprises an open and spacious ground level area adjoining its parking space, and a four-storey building (currently under repair following a recent fire) that houses dozens of shops selling mostly non-perishable goods, such as batiks and other fabrics, household items, kitchen utensils and farming tools. The former is more attractive and most visited, with its vibrant rows of stalls selling fresh tropical fruits, flowers, meats and poultry, and other groceries.
The shopping scene can be a bit frenzied, and you’ll be walking along tight lanes occasionally shared by motorists. This central landmark in Denpasar is located on the eastern bank of the namesake Badung River, with the Kumbasari Art Market on the other side. The negotiable prices here can usually be a whole lot cheaper than in other markets in Bali, and the mandatory hard bargaining always adds to the shopping experience here.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
- Opening Hours: 06:00 – 24:00
- Address: Jalan Sulawesi No. 1, Dangin Puri Kangin, Denpasar