10 Best Rooftop Bars and Restaurants in Bali
Bali’s Best Rooftop Venues
These 10 great rooftop bars and restaurants in Bali cater to those who consider the sky the limit, with the best options available to kick back and chill or dance and party away. Despite the local building height restrictions in Bali, these rooftop venues have provided international diners and partygoers some cool hangouts, all within the proscribed limits.
With the arrival of multi-storey city style hotels and chic venues with dedicated platforms to gather under the stars, these venues have become great alternatives and are now a significant part of Bali’s dining and nightlife scene. Bali's best rooftop venues offer great settings, good vibes, eclectic lists of innovative drinks and most of all, impressive views!Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
1Sky Garden Rooftop Lounge Legian0
A Groundbreaker, Ground Up
Sky Garden Rooftop Lounge in Legian is Bali's pioneering venue of its kind, part of the large 61 Legian dining, entertainment and nightlife complex. Its long-running all-you-can-eat nightly buffets with free-flow beers continuously draw the crowds in here. Past the smoking barbecues and buffet line there is a spacious courtyard with a large white screen for movie screenings or dazzling visualisations to accompany the DJs tunes, and there’s a large bar with many seating options, comfortable padded benches, and long tables around the rooftop edge. You’ll never realize that Legian has an impressive skyline until you’ve been up here. Read More...
2Double Six Rooftop Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00
- Location: 61 Legian Entertainment Complex, Jalan Legian 61,
- Tel: +62 (0)361 754 040
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/clubskygarden
This bar’s edge is one of the most coveted spots in Seminyak, overlooking the famous 'Double Six' Beach, otherwise also known as Blue Ocean Beach, in between Legian and Seminyak. Double-Six Rooftop has round lounge pods with cushions and pillows that comfortably seat up to nine, set within a shallow, awning-covered freeform pool. You get to settle into these pods with a minimum spending. Its unique pit grill in the centre forms a ‘circle of fire’, where juicy satays are prepared using coconut shell charcoal. Read More...
3Moonlite Kitchen and Bar Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 22:30
- Location: Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Jalan Arjuna No. 66, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 734 300
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/doublesixrooftop
Chill Out and Dine
This rooftop venue at Anantara Seminyak Resort is a great spot to head to for a snack and sundowner while in Seminyak. The lounging area at its glass-bordered edge overlooks the Seminyak surf and sunsets, and you can take in the views with its selection of refreshing signature cocktails. Their sunset mojito sessions feature daily live DJs between 16:30 and 19:00. Moreover, you can plan ahead for an after-sunset dinner with half price discounts from 21:00 to 23:00 with advance day bookings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:30 – 23:00
- Location: Jalan Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 737 755
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/MoonliteBali
Kuta Beach Heights
Velvet & Hypnotized (VH Bali) is a great spot to head up to whenever you need a place to meet up with friends for Kuta Beach's sunsets. The rooftop venue comprises the sunset dining and lounging spot, Velvet, on the third level of the Kuta Beachwalk, offering refreshing cocktails and beverages together with fusion pan-Asian cuisine. Lounge away or dine on its cosy decks, and after meals or when your friends have gathered and the sun has set, you can head into Hypnotized Club, to party into the wee hours. Read More...
5Smoqee Lounge and Sky Bar Jimbaran0
- Opening Hours: Wed - Sun, 21:00 - 03:00
- Location: Kuta Beachwalk, Level 3, Jalan Pantai Kuta, Kuta
- Tel: +62 (0)819 995 869 99
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/vhbali
Chill Out Over Jimbaran Bay
Smoqee Lounge and Sky Bar is among the very few rooftop bars to grace the favourite sunset and seafood dining destination of Jimbaran Bay. As one of the highlighted food and beverage outlets at the Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran, Smoqee invites resort and public guests to its two levels, with the upper main space featuring a laidback vibe with an open-air bar, and a unique water deck feature before a series of table setups and comfy loungers. Between Smoqee and the dramatic bay’s sunsets are Jimbaran’s famous seafood cafes that come to life with their billowing barbecues – which inspired this venue’s name. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sun 17:30 – 24:00
- Location: Le Meridien Jimbaran, Jalan Bukit Permai, Muaya Beach, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 688 8
Of Forests and Sunsets
Unique Rooftop Bar is the premier rooftop venue at the Rimba Jimbaran Bali that graces the Bukit peninsula. The luxurious spot presents chic dining and serves as one of the Jimbaran area's greatest chill out spots. The sister resort venue of the famous Rock Bar at the Ayana Resort just next door, it offers lush 360-degree panoramas over green forested hills, with great skies putting a show at sunset. The rooftop bar offers a retreat during the day with its lounging options around a 25-meter infinity pool, while guests enjoy a cool alfresco setting around the central bar in the evenings. Fancy martinis and fruity punches are featured together with Asian-inspired gourmet bites. Read More...
7La Plancha Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 01:00
- Location: Rimba Jimbaran Bali, Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 8468
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/RIMBAJimbaranBali
Sunsets and Spanish Grills
This little cafe on Seminyak’s Mesari Beach features a pleasant splash of colours throughout its two-level structure, where you can enjoy tasty grills and Spanish cuisine. It might not be a high-rise building, but the cosy wooden rooftop deck and its direct beachfront location with unobstructed views to the sunsets and Seminyak’s rolling surf make it perfect for sunset chill-outs and dining under the stars. On the sand are large, colourful parasols and beanbags to sink into and sip the sunsets away. On the rooftop as the sky darkens, lighting floods the beachside, providing a rare view and jockeys plug in their turntables, filling the air with lively beats. Read More...
8Luna Bar, Restaurant & Sky Lounge Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 08:00 - 01:00
- Location: Mesari Beach, Jalan Dhyana Pura, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)878 614 163 10
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/La-Plancha-Bali-169623353089359
Luna Rooftop Bar on the loft of the stylish L Hotel and Resort in Seminyak features a teppanyaki grill, an open kitchen showcasing a copper tandoori oven and bar tables and stools along its western ocean view side where crimson skies serve as its dramatic backdrop. Comprising three unique private dining areas, each with its own identity and style, there’s the Japanese teppanyaki, a room highlighted by decorative Balinese ornaments, and a posh private banquet with a long wooden dining table that seats up to eight. Although not right on the beach, Seminyak’s horizon is visible from up here, making for airy sunset cocktail sessions or feasts over gastronomic tapas and Asian and Continental flavours. Read More...
9H8S Rooftop at Akmani Hotel in Bali Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 24:00
- Location: L Hotel Seminyak, Jalan Petitenget no. 8L, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 894 789 8
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/LunaRooftopBar
High Jacuzzi Bar
The Akmani Legian’s rooftop is H8S Rooftop (formerly known as Vertical Point), which introduces a new concept through its Jacuzzi bar in which guests soak while sipping refreshing and innovative cocktails. The venue’s layout features a fresh combination of wooden tones, with water and green-themed elements. The rooftop space is expansive with a large dip pool and bar set on a slightly higher platform than the table and lounging area. The latter features a quirky art installation-like freeform framework fitted with cool blue LEDs that light up in time for sunset, adding a modern and sophisticated touch to the atmosphere. Read More...
10U-Paasha Rooftop Bar Seminyak0
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: The Akmani Legian, Jalan Raya Legian 91, Legian
- Tel: +62 (0)361 754 577
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/TheAkmaniLegian
Gorgeous Rooftop Pool and Bar
The topmost level of the all-suite boutique U Paasha hotel in Seminyak features a large and gorgeously laid-out rooftop swimming pool and bar, surrounded by a wooden deck with cosy loungers, large bean bags and cushions for guests to lounge around in and soak up some rays then watch the sky fade with the great Seminyak sunsets. Scheduled monthly promos and highlights include international mixologists flown in to present an array of special cocktails. On any other day, it is a great spot to unwind, with a selection of snacks, innovative health booster beverages, designer margaritas and signature fresh fruit sorbet teas.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: U-Paasha Seminyak Bali, Jalan Laksmana No. 77, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 597 7
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/UPaashaSeminyak