These 10 great rooftop bars and restaurants in Bali cater to those who consider the sky the limit, with the best options available to kick back and chill or dance and party away. Despite the local building height restrictions in Bali, these rooftop venues have provided international diners and partygoers some cool hangouts, all within the proscribed limits.
With the arrival of multi-storey city style hotels and chic venues with dedicated platforms to gather under the stars, these venues have become great alternatives and are now a significant part of Bali’s dining and nightlife scene. Bali's best rooftop venues offer great settings, good vibes, eclectic lists of innovative drinks and most of all, impressive views!
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Stunning Bar - On the Rocks!
Bali's stunning Rock Bar is literally set on rocks under the limestone cliffs of the AYANA Resort and Spa, with the open Indian Ocean as backdrop. The bar offers signature cocktails and light bites with the great sunset views, together with moods set by resident and world-class international DJs in a regular line-up. A funicular ride down from the upper cliff edge of the resort takes you down to the bar. Several stops along the descent provide you with memorable scenic and photographic moments of the seascape and horizon. From the bar are favourites such as Rock Bar’s martini selections, designed by international bar consultant Sebastien Bonnefoi, using imported liquors blended with local fruits, herbs and spices to complement the natural setting. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 - 01:00
- Location: Ayana Resort and Spa Bali, Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 702 222
This bar’s edge is one of the most coveted spots in Seminyak, overlooking the famous 'Double Six' Beach, otherwise also known as Blue Ocean Beach, in between Legian and Seminyak. Double-Six Rooftop has round lounge pods with cushions and pillows that comfortably seat up to nine, set within a shallow, awning-covered freeform pool. You get to settle into these pods with a minimum spending. Its unique pit grill in the centre forms a ‘circle of fire’, where juicy satays are prepared using coconut shell charcoal. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 22:30
- Location: Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Jalan Arjuna No. 66, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 734 300
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/doublesixrooftop
Chill Out and Dine
This rooftop venue at Anantara Seminyak Resort is a great spot to head to for a snack and sundowner while in Seminyak. The lounging area at its glass-bordered edge overlooks the Seminyak surf and sunsets, and you can take in the views with its selection of refreshing signature cocktails. Their sunset mojito sessions feature daily live DJs between 16:30 and 19:00. Moreover, you can plan ahead for an after-sunset dinner with half price discounts from 21:00 to 23:00 with advance day bookings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:30 – 23:00
- Location: Jalan Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)361 737 755
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/MoonliteBali
Kuta Beach Heights
Velvet & Hypnotized (VH Bali) is a great spot to head up to whenever you need a place to meet up with friends for Kuta Beach's sunsets. The rooftop venue comprises the sunset dining and lounging spot, Velvet, on the third level of the Kuta Beachwalk, offering refreshing cocktails and beverages together with fusion pan-Asian cuisine. Lounge away or dine on its cosy decks, and after meals or when your friends have gathered and the sun has set, you can head into Hypnotized Club, to party into the wee hours. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wed - Sun, 21:00 - 03:00
- Location: Kuta Beachwalk, Level 3, Jalan Pantai Kuta, Kuta
- Tel: +62 (0)819 995 869 99
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/vhbali
Chill Out Over Jimbaran Bay
Smoqee Lounge and Sky Bar is among the very few rooftop bars to grace the favourite sunset and seafood dining destination of Jimbaran Bay. As one of the highlighted food and beverage outlets at the Le Méridien Bali Jimbaran, Smoqee invites resort and public guests to its two levels, with the upper main space featuring a laidback vibe with an open-air bar, and a unique water deck feature before a series of table setups and comfy loungers. Between Smoqee and the dramatic bay’s sunsets are Jimbaran’s famous seafood cafes that come to life with their billowing barbecues – which inspired this venue’s name. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon – Sun 17:30 – 24:00
- Location: Le Meridien Jimbaran, Jalan Bukit Permai, Muaya Beach, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 688 8
A Groundbreaker, Ground Up
Sky Garden Rooftop Lounge in Legian is Bali's pioneering venue of its kind, part of the large 61 Legian dining, entertainment and nightlife complex. Its long-running all-you-can-eat nightly buffets with free-flow beers continuously draw the crowds in here. Past the smoking barbecues and buffet line there is a spacious courtyard with a large white screen for movie screenings or dazzling visualisations to accompany the DJs tunes, and there’s a large bar with many seating options, comfortable padded benches, and long tables around the rooftop edge. You’ll never realize that Legian has an impressive skyline until you’ve been up here. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 24:00
- Location: 61 Legian Entertainment Complex, Jalan Legian 61,
- Tel: +62 (0)361 754 040
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/clubskygarden
Of Forests and Sunsets
Unique Rooftop Bar is the premier rooftop venue at the Rimba Jimbaran Bali that graces the Bukit peninsula. The luxurious spot presents chic dining and serves as one of the Jimbaran area's greatest chill out spots. The sister resort venue of the famous Rock Bar at the Ayana Resort just next door, it offers lush 360-degree panoramas over green forested hills, with great skies putting a show at sunset. The rooftop bar offers a retreat during the day with its lounging options around a 25-meter infinity pool, while guests enjoy a cool alfresco setting around the central bar in the evenings. Fancy martinis and fruity punches are featured together with Asian-inspired gourmet bites. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 01:00
- Location: Rimba Jimbaran Bali, Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 8468
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/RIMBAJimbaranBali
Urban Seminyak Sunsets
Haute Rooftop Bali is the premier dining and chill-out venue on the topmost floor of the Studios at Alila Seminyak, which adds to the thriving bar scene along Seminyak’s Jalan Petitenget, one of the island's hotspots for stylish dining and nightlife. Haute Bali has three sections, with the interiors of its main bar area featuring a bold and sexy design with subtly blue led-lit bar and black leather linings and stools, and velvet couches in its lounge area. Out on the coveted sundeck, you can sink into cushioned rattan sofas while taking in Seminyak’s sky and sunsets over a slightly urban skyline from this 5th floor level, with the rooftop outlines of neighbouring resorts and restaurants in view. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun - Thu 15:00 - 00:00; Fri - Sat 15:00 - 01:00
- Location: Studios at Alila Seminyak, Jalan Taman Ganesha No. 9, Block D, Seminyak
- Tel: +62 (0)877 6546 7448
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/hauterooftop
Grow Up Rooftop Bar is an open-air terrace on the rooftop of L Hotel Seminyak and an extension of the hotel's signature Grow Bali restaurant. The Seminyak-based brainchild of award-winning Chef Ryan Clift of Singapore’s Tippling Club and Open Farm Community fame, Grow Restaurant presents Chef Ryan’s ‘sustainable dining’ concept through his intensive use of fresh and locally-sourced produce. The restaurant is also a great go-to for innovative cocktail blends, served from its cosy outdoor bar. At the rooftop, you'll find a space with a sheltered zone and seating around an interactive bar. Here, you can catch gorgeous sunsets while enjoying cocktails paired with small sharing plates. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sun 07:00 – 00:00
- Location: L Hotel Seminyak, Jalan Raya Petitenget No. 8L Seminyak, Kerobokan Kelod, Badung, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
- Tel: +62 (0)361 894 7908
High Pool Bar in Kuta
As the signature leisure dining and chill-out spot at the rooftop of the Four Points by Sheraton Bali, Kuta, Vertigo Rooftop is a great spot for families to head up to by day (even as public guests) to cool off with a dip in its freeform rooftop pool. By late afternoon and after sundown, Vertigo Rooftop takes on a livelier atmosphere. Vertigo Rooftop Bali holds regular pool parties from 16:00 to 21:00, with a range of tapas-influenced selections on offer, as well as cocktails and cold beers. To jazz up the air, resident and guest DJs team up on spinning anything from chill-out to deep house, depending on the crowd, while special rooftop parties include sexy wet dancers and wet games, with a strict dress code: swimwear. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 24:00
- Location: Four Points by Sheraton Kuta, Jalan Benesari, Banjar Pengabetan, Kuta
- Tel: +62 (0)361 849 6606
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/FourPointsBaliKuta