Jimbaran Bay is often considered a must-do for first-time visitors to the island, mainly for its sunset and seafood dining experiences at its two main clusters of beachfront restaurants, namely the Jimbaran seafood cafes of Muaya Beach and Kedonganan to its north. However, there are other spots in and around this favourite beach resort area where you can enjoy deliciously spicy Balinese and Indonesian cuisine.
Check out these great local restaurants in Jimbaran where you can discover exciting flavours of perhaps the world’s most vibrant cuisine. And most importantly, they offer good quality food, clean settings, and cheap to mid-range prices!
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
For sunset and seafood, head first to the quiet coastal village of Kedonganan, the same village home to the namesake fish market, which is the primary source of fresh daily catches for hotels and restaurants island-wide. Kedonganan is dotted with over a dozen different ‘cafes’ and restaurants, most serving fresh seafood in live displays, from which you can order and have them cooked to preference. Pick a table on the sand and enjoy the evening with occasional live Balinese performances. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 16:00 – late (after 24:00)
- Location: Jalan Pantai Kedonganan, Kedonganan Village, South Kuta
Well over a dozen different restaurants line the sands of Muaya Beach on Jimbaran Bay side by side. Some open for lunch while most in the afternoon just before sunset time and well into the wee hours. The menu is mostly fresh-grilled seafood that you can enjoy at candlelit tables arranged on the sand. Like Kedonganan, you can feast with ocean views and your feet in the sand. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 15:00 – 23:00
- Location: Jalan Four Seasons, Muaya Beach, Jimbaran
This local warung on the Jimbaran main street is a favourite lunch spot serving locals and travellers bored of their in-villa meals, and looking for some local tastes. There are well over a dozen different tasty morsels to choose from, from juicy deep-fried duck, barbecued chicken and the ubiquitous nasi campur. All are cheap, starting from USD 1 (10,000) per serving.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Uluwatu, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 703 982
Modern interiors and setups complement the dining ambiance at this warung in Jimbaran. The décor, although harking back to nostalgic traditional village themes, is quite refined with white-washed wooden windows and antique bicycles. From its main glass display buffet, daily rotating homemade Indonesian selections include beef rendang, soto and rawon soups, yellow turmeric rice and brown rice, as well as Balinese favourites such as lawar salad mixes, shredded red spicy chicken, and perhaps some sambal varieties you wish to try.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-21:00
- Location: Jl. Uluwatu II, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 704 949
For a tasty plate of babi guling in Jimbaran, drop by Warung Khas Bali, where you can enjoy the tasty dish in humble but clean settings. Portion-wise, it will please hungry diners with fried pork satay, crispy pork skin crackers, meat slices and veggie mix on top of hot steamed white rice. They also serve juicy slow-cooked chicken ayam betutu as well. Standard servings start around USD 2 (IDR 25,000) per dish.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-19:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Uluwatu No.75X, Kedonganan, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 747 0197
Batavian dishes are this warung’s specialty, comprising favourites such as soto betawi beef soup with chunky pieces of meat, soto mie chicken soup with vermicelli, siomay dumplings and gado-gado tofu and steamed veggie mix doused in a delicious traditional peanut sauce. Prices start from USD 2 (IDR 20,000).
- Opening Hours: 10:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Kampus Universitas Udayana, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 781 883 3
A humble diner on the main Jalan Uluwatu road of Jimbaran, this warung serves popular Indonesian bites such as chicken satays, fried lumpia spring rolls, spicy chicken wings, and fried tofu and tempeh. For meals, there are lontong sayur salad mix and mie ayam chicken noodle bowls, as well as seafood varieties and vegetable dishes. Prices range between USD 1 and 4 (IDR 12,000 and 50,000) per dish.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Uluwatu no.1, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 704 130
This little shack of a warung on the Jimbaran main street specialises in grilled seafood, from snappers, prawns, calamari and clams, all served ala Jimbaran style with spicy sambal marinates and sauces. The fire at the grills is fed by coconut shells and husks, which give a distinctive flavour. For a total feast for two with more than two types of seafood is only between USD 11 and 22 (IDR 150,000-300,000).
- Opening Hours: 12:00-19:00
- Location: Jalan Uluwatu 2 No. 30X, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3620 051
Nasi ayam or chicken rice is one of the ubiquitous traditional dishes you’ll find at this warung on a side street of the Jimbaran main street. Another is the custom-portioned nasi campur, with various toppings to choose from to go you’re your plate of steamed white rice. Portions are generous for its price, starting from USD 2 (IDR 25,000).
- Opening Hours: 07:00-18:00
- Location: Jalan Celagi Basur No. 3Y, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 805 205 9
A place for good food in Jimbaran at very fair local prices, Warung Santai welcomes you to dine with warm local hospitality and homemade cuisine with unique dishes such as a ‘chicken cola’, usually as a drumstick deep fried with cola, or a rice plate with grilled chicken served with fresh cucumber slices, long beans and a small pot of sambal on the sides. Take your seat anywhere around the wooden tables or at the tatami mats with cushions for a very laidback occasion. Standard servings start from USD 2 (IDR 25,000).
- Opening Hours: 08:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Toyaning, Jimbaran
- Tel: +62 (0)361 273 3065