Hotels near Goa Gajah serve as great bases for exploring the outer perimeter of Ubud, particularly the traditional Balinese village areas of Bedulu. This so-called ‘elephant cave’ temple complex is one among central Bali’s main highlights, offering you a glimpse into the island’s history through landmarks and ancient temples. The archaeological site features a heavily carved cave, adjacent bathing pools, and other ‘hidden’ ruins along a forested river trail. Close by you can visit a more contemporary site, the unique traditional masks gallery, Setia Darma House of Masks and Puppets.
This village area of Bedulu is considered Bali’s ‘cradle of civilization’ due to its rich collection of old temples and sites. Other highlights that you can reach within 20 minutes from hotels near Goa Gajah include the reliefs of Yeh Pulu, the Tirta Empul Temple in Tampaksiring and the Gunung Kawi Temple complex of towering shrines carved into a rock face, nearby. There are a collection of prominent luxury choices in the immediate area as well, with villas and restaurants that are set among expanses of green rice fields.
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour