Gili Air is where you can find luxury and a more upscale scene among the 3 Gili Islands, and it’s often considered the alternative holiday island escape after the more popular Gili Trawangan. It has a great combination of white sand and crystal clear waters that are favourited by divers and snorkelers, as well as a good complementing range of shops, beach bars, small seaside cafes, dive shops and a variety of accommodation options, which you can find inland and around its coastline.
Positioned at the start of the string of the 3 Gilis, closest to the Lombok mainland, Gili Air is the second most popular island to head to after the most established of the three: Gili Trawangan. The more austere Gili Meno, on the other hand, lacks the facilities of Gili Air. Really you can consider this island as offering pretty much the best of both worlds.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Gili Air to be smaller but more refined than Trawangan. The island’s main south-eastern coast near the boat docks is unsurprisingly packed with all the variety of dining and nightlife choices, while the beaches around its northern coastline are hushed and isolated from most of the southern crowds, thus great for those looking for a truer sense of escape on the island.
Getting around Gili Air is easy: by rented bike, by ‘cidomo’ horse cart, or by foot – it’s easy to circumvent the island in a half day of walking. Gili Air’s proximity to the mainland also makes it a popular stepping stone for those heading to Lombok.
Gili Air Island
- Location: Gili Air, Gili Islands, North Lombok