Bali Sharks Island Eco Adventures
Bali Sharks just off Serangan Island let's you swim with sharks! Also known as The Serangan Shark Project, Bali Sharks takes you to purpose-built nursery pontoons to get up close with over a dozen black tip reef sharks. The activity also carries a noble mission, namely to educate, spread awareness and better understand the species.
The Bali Sharks project was founded by Hawaii-grown surfer Paul Friese, a conservationist committed to these apex predators. He collaborated with reformed poaching fishermen back in 2011, which led to more sharks being kept in the nursery, some brought in live by fishermen who benefitted more than killing and selling them to the market.Read More
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Elephant Safari Park & Elephant Ride with Spa
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Kecak Dance at Uluwatu & Barbecue Seafood Dinner
- Seawalker, Fly Fish Adventure & Underwater Tandem Scooter Ride
- 2-Day Lombok Island Tour
The protection of juvenile black reef tips in the Bali Sharks nursery led to more rescues and releases. In further collaboration with the Gili Shark Foundation, Paul managed to complete the project’s shark conservation model.
In July 2013, Bali Sharks donated a pair of white and black reef tips to be released in the protected waters of the Gili Eco Trust in Bali’s east neighbouring island of Lombok. Back on Serangan Island, the nursery continues to offer an alternative to young sharks being killed for food, or by accidentally being trapped in fishnets.
The Bali Sharks tour suits all ages and experience levels. Even non-swimmers can enjoy feeding and the up-close encounters. The tour also visits Serangan Island’s turtle conservation and education centre, only several minutes’ drive from the nursery site. In-water activities are guaranteed safe and the exhibits are perfect for children, as they provide fun learning with the aid of real live specimens.
A three-hour tour includes shark swims with mask and snorkel, a visit to the adjacent turtle rescue centre where baby turtles are hatched and cultivated to be released back into their natural environment, a marine garden aquarium tour, with meals and refreshments included. It's a fun, educational and inspiring day out. Bring a towel, camera, swimsuit and sunscreen.
Shark Island & Serangan Eco Adventures
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 07:00 - 21:00
- Location: Agus Bar & Restaurant, Serangan Island, South Denpasar
- Address: Jalan Tukad Punggawa, Serangan Island
- Tel: +62 (0)361 996 510 1