Where to Go Shopping in Canggu Beach
The Canggu shopping scene, although mostly catering to expatriates and the surfing community, whose members are also owners of most shops and boutiques you’ll find here, offers a good variety. You’ll find everything from surf stores and board shapers to jewellery makers and workshops lining Canggu’s main beach roads of Batu Bolong, Batu Mejan aka Echo Beach, and Berawa.
Canggu doesn’t have its own main shopping centre or mall as yet. You’ll discover sparsely located shops, or those that are right next to the more prominent bars and restaurants. A drive through Canggu won’t tempt shopaholics as easily as it would in Seminyak, but you can always enjoy an escapade for a one-off necklace, fashion items, custom designed surfboards, unique homeware items and children’s toys. Here’s where to go shopping in Canggu Beach.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Private Sunset at Tanah Lot Temple with Dinner
- Kintamani Volcano, Ubud & Barong Dance Performance
- Whitewater Rafting on the Ayung River
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Private East Coast Tour
- Bali Hai Dolphin Cruise
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
Bali Bunda Health Store Munggu
One of several outlets of Bali-based health foods institution Bali Bunda (previously Bali Buda), this health store in Munggu is closest to the Canggu area. The store presents the usual range of healthy food items that the chain is best known for, such as freshly baked breads (including black charcoal breads), granolas, cookies, imported olive oils and nut oils, and a selection of gluten-free products, organic vegetables and nutritional supplements. Prices obviously vary, but our favourite honey oat crackers start from USD 2.58 (IDR 36,000) a pack.
- Highlights: Jalan Raya Munggu 8, Munggu, Mengwi
- Opening Hours: 08:00-22:00
- Tel: +62 (0)877 6185 5115
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Bali-Buda-Caf%C3%A9-Health-Food-Shops-276367929160857/
At Bamboo Blonde’s store closest to Canggu, you‘ll find the extensive collection of feel-good fashion designs from the Bali-based fashion brand. These include casual summer camp tops (USD 28 or IDR 390,000), light dresses that suit the beach and bar (USD 42 or IDR 590,000), and there are also single and mix-and-match pieces that are good for formal occasions such as button-down shirt dresses and faux leather maxi dresses (USD 56.80 or IDR 790,000). Inside the boutique, you’ll also come across select international labels like Mink Pink, Motel, Faithfull, Staple, Somedays Lovin’, All About Eve, and others. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Batu Belig no. 16A, Kerobokan
- Tel: +62 361 847 5420
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/BambooBlondeID
Bermain Arts and Gift Shop
You never know when you will need to buy supplies for a surprise party at your villa, or a spur-of-the-moment gift idea. That’s where Bermain comes in. This small art shop and studio on the Canggu main road towards Berawa Beach has gifts, ranging from children’s toys to surfboards, knickknacks and party supplies, as well as creative materials for arts and crafts. Its name itself means ‘playful’ in Indonesian, so you can expect to be inspired to come up with your own playful creations from what you find here. They also supply party props for rent for up to three days. If their wares get your creative juices flowing, you can even drop in and ask about their art classes.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Berawa no. 33, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)123 766 9042
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/hellobermain/
Blak Fashion Store
This store along the Batu Bolong Beach Road stocks a great collection of fashion items with kids and teenagers in mind. Blak has modern and colourful designs on offer, along with jewels, bags, accessories and more. There are also books, gifts and jewellery items that little girls will admire. The clothing range comes in dashes and stripes of all colours, as well as bibs and selections of light tropical wear for little ones.
- Opening Hours: 10:00-18:00
- Location: Toko 1, Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No. 32, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)811 396 1101
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/blakbybilly/
Boardriders Echo Beach
Quiksilver’s café and surf store on Echo Beach welcomes you into its 15th Boardriders in the world. The store spans 500sqm and is accessible through three separate entrances. The main interior is designed around a surfboard carousel that carries up to 50 boards around the perimeter of the store before rising to the hardware mezzanine, enabling you to grab one for closer inspection. On the shop floor are hundreds of other boards from shapers like Mark Richards, Channel Islanders, Chilli, Christian Bradleu, Brett Warner, Hayden Shapes and others.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-21:00
- Location: Echo Beach, Jalan Pantai Batu Mejan, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 844 5500
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/BoardridersEchoBeach/
Bungalow Living Gallery
This specialty shop and café is for dog lovers and those with a penchant for homeware in colourful and inspiring designs. While you can enjoy great coffee selections and baked goods at its café, Bungalow Living Gallery welcomes you to browse through its extensive range of home décor items such as cushion covers, Afghan pillows, leather clutches, crochets, some music albums and even unique toys for the little ones. Their dedicated line of products for pet dogs such as bed base cushions (USD 45) are inspired by their own furry poodle in residence, BB King.
- Opening Hours: 07:30-17:30
- Location: Jalan Pantai Berawa 35A, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 844 6567
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/BungalowLivingBali
This small shop in Canggu showcases a huge variety of homemade health goods that are directly sourced from different farmers and wholesalers. There’s everything from virgin coconut oils and extra virgin olive oils, dried cranberries, almonds and mixed nuts, and dried fruits, to dips and relishes, jams, pitted dates and chia seeds. If you’re staying at a villa in Canggu, you can also have your orders delivered. They ensure all their products are healthy, of good quality and as natural as possible, with no chemical or artificial ingredients added.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-18:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No.23A, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)859 5378 0775
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/CangguShop
If surfing, vintage bikes and choppers are your thing, head down to Deus Ex Machina on Canggu’s Jalan Batu Mejan, and enter a gallery full of cool board riding stuff as well as custom bicycles and dirt bikes. The spacious showroom is nicknamed ‘velocita bohemienne’ (the ‘speed house’), where everything from rare dirt-track racing helmets to shirts and other apparel are available for purchase, and which make perfect gifts for any surfer dude or motorhead. Board shorts are available from USD 79.95 and rider shirts are from USD 59.95. You can even buy some cool retro surf art posters for your living room back home (from USD 65). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun-Sat 08:00 - 22:00
- Location: Jalan Batu Mejan No. 8, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 368 3386
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/DeusBali
Flow & Yonder
As an eye-catching showroom on one side of the Batu Bolong Beach Road, with ‘Dedicated to Those Who Dream’ written on the front wall, Flow & Yonder welcomes you to a boutique store that is filled with everything related to the spirit of wave riding. Among the huge designer collections are its own line of designer boards, together with Journey surfboards, Live and Mundaka sunglasses, wooden hand planes, t-shirts by Surf Yogis and Brothers Keeper, and colourful bags by Duderinas. If you need a break from browsing the shop, go down for some roti canai at the small café next door.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-21:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No.58, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)813 3828 5236
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Flow-Yonder-283722781710132/
Horn Emporium is a great stopover in Canggu for colourful designer homeware and accessories, as well as some rare collectables. The the two big owls outside make the boutique easily spotted on your way down to Batu Bolong Beach. Step inside and you’ll find a treasure trove of vintage items in the front display, paintings and Japanese masks lining the walls, and all sorts of other props and décor titbits in varying sizes throughout its two levels. There are also quirky Festival of the Dead ceramic art pieces by Mexican artists, with colourful skeletons and skulls in store.
- Location: Jalan Batu Bolong No. 76, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 9160
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/HornEmporium
Discover a unique range of silver jewellery at House of Alaia, designed through close collaboration between two of its owners - Christy and Nea. Their line reflects their nomadic travelling spirit, having been around the world, seeing the beauty of different peoples and cultures. Earrings, necklaces, traveller’s coins, bracelets and bangles come in different themes, such as animals, ‘tree of life’, Africa, seafarer, and others. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 17:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No.27B, Canggu
- Tel: +62(0)821 4734 8746
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/Houseofalaia
Kartel Board Store & Café
This board store and café on Jalan Batu Bolong is not only a favourite spot for coffees and meat pies in Canggu, but also has some great Aussie-shaped surfboards and outdoor equipment on display. It stocks a range of cool clothing items from various labels such as Naken, together with brand new boards starting from USD 250 (IDR 3.5 million), and Onfire surfboards start from USD 290 (IDR 4 million).
- Opening Hours: 07:30-21:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No.73, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)878 6228 1060
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/thebakerykartel/
As its name suggests, Limited Edition stocks a collection of rare and sometimes edgy items in its small boutique concept store on the Berawa Beach Road. The store is dominated by a dark and monochrome theme and showcases leather dresses and purses for women by Vintage Century, leather jackets and scarfs for men by Skingraft, sunglasses by Enki designs and Shadowland, Parts of Four gold plated bracelets and bangles, silver jewellery by Johnny Ramli, and quirky earrings by Eleven44.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-22:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Berawa, Banjar Tegal Gundul, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)851 0027 9344
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Limited-Edition-Store-562486960535582/
Started by a Spaniard who had many years in the motor business under his belt, including stints at Ford and VW-Audi AG, and had left his entire life behind in Spain, Malamadre Motorcycles is a result of his pure passion in building custom bikes. The headquarters is located in Canggu, where you can find numerous modifications of Honda CBs and 200cc cruisers, which you can purchase and also rent on daily, weekly and monthly bases. Daily rentals start from IDR 450,000.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong No.5, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3935 3202
Odd Original Design & Delight
This peculiar-looking spot on Canggu’s Jalan Raya Semat easily catches your eye with its criss-crossed timber walls. Inside, you are welcomed to a café serving coffees, kombucha, salads and baked light bites, as well as an exhibition space that holds regular collections from local and international artists. Odd Bali also features a boutique with various designer labels, from colourful bikinis by Mora Mora Swimwear and Makara Swimwear, African woven fabric cushions made out of German wax fabric from Botswana and South Africa, and other rare homeware items such as wooden bowl chairs, upcycling sunglasses, handmade masks and kettles.
- Opening Hours: 08:30-19:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Semat No. 1, Canggu Permai, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 6263 0657
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/oddbali/
The Offering Canggu
This designer boutique store on the Batu Bolong Beach Road showcases fashion items for men, women and kids, as well as homeware, décor and gifts from various designers. There are framed photos by Monty, coasters by Bomba, and scented Temple Flower candles (from USD 2 or IDR 25,000). A series of paintings by various artists are available and ready in frames. They also have a small selection of their very own handmade resin vases that look good for your living room. Fashion items range from La Boheme sunglasses, silver jewellery by Monsieur Blonde, light women’s resort wear by Miss Milne, and much more.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-19:00
- Location: Jalan Batu Bolong No. 14, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3612 0028
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/theofferingbali/
Bali has a good collection of locally-based board shapers. One of them with a good presence on the island is Redz, which has its main surf shop and factory in Canggu. Step inside and you will discover a full range of short boards, high performance full carbon SUP boards, Malibus and a whole set of accessories from fins and leashes to tail pads, travel bags, booties, surf wax and sunscreen. You can browse through their designer boards, or come up with your own custom shape and air brush design, which they’ll realise for you within a week. You can also drop in your board of any brand for ding repairs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00-18:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Canggu No. 18X, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 844 6207
Samadi Sunday Market
Samadi is a farmers' market near Echo Beach in Canggu where you can drop by on Sundays for some locally-grown organic products and ‘slow food’, ranging from baked goods, fresh fruits and vegetables, to fresh homemade juices, herbs, jams, coffee, chocolate, flower and even homeware, jewellery, handicrafts and clothing items. The market was set up to support local producers and craftsmen. You can find dazzling handmade cushion covers and t-shirts, among many other items, for under a dollar.
- Opening Hours: Sun 09:00-14:00
- Location: Jalan Padang Linjong No. 39, Echo Beach, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3831 2505
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Samadimarket/
Tinkers Toy Shop
A delightful shop for toys and kids’ items in Canggu, Tinkers has a great range of goodies for the little ones in store. The shop is situated in a 150-year-old wooden ‘joglo’ house. Inside, it’s full of handcrafted wooden toys, books, costumes, party decorations and specially crafted local products for kids from new-borns to tweens. Unique wooden items such as advent calendars with drawers (USD 21 or IDR 300,000) are hot and usually sell out quick, particularly over the holiday season. You can also wrap up a gift after a good pick onsite with their selection of wrapping paper.
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00-21:00, Sun 11:00-21:00
- Location: Canggu Square, Jalan Pantai Berawa, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)819 9943 0194
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/tinkerstoyshopbali/