Where to Go at Night in Canggu Beach
Nightlife in Canggu is lower key compared to its adjacent neighbours, Legian and Seminyak, where most of Bali’s funky bars and evening entertainment venues are found. However, there are great spots in and around Canggu that make good use of its increasing popularity as one of Bali’s favourite surfing destinations and with the largest expatriate community on the island.
Attracting wave riders paddling in after sunset, beach bars lining Canggu’s popular beaches such as Echo Beach are regular open-air evening haunts with cold beers and local DJs playing to crowds relaxing on the black sand. Other spots overlooking the coast of Batu Bolong have gained quite a following from people all over Bali, not just Canggu, looking for something different than what’s on offer in Kuta and Seminyak. Explore all the popular Canggu nightlife right here.Read More
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Whitewater Rafting & Elephant Safari Ride
- Whitewater Rafting
- Downhill Cultural Cycling Tour with Lunch
- Private Bali As You Please Tour
- Devdan Show: Treasure of the Archipelago at Bali Nusa Dua Theatre
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Best of Bali Highlights Tour with Lunch
- Elephant Safari Park & Optional Elephant Ride
Berawa Beach Tavern
This beachside spot on the northern end of Berawa Beach in Canggu holds regular sunset gatherings with cool tunes and barbecues. You can enjoy good times here with just about anybody from across the globe, who are welcome to contribute their acoustic playing talents and voice for singing around a bonfire and dancing under the stars. You can also have a round of beach volley at front. The simple bar serves ice cold beers and there’s a choice of western and local Indonesian food available, from burgers, hotdogs, grilled seafood and even Balinese style ‘babi guling’ whole roast pork. Price range is USD 18-36 (IDR 250,000-500,000).
- Opening Hours: 14:00-22:00
- Location: Jalan Segara Perancak, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)855 782 3111
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/BerawaBeachTavern/
Bu-Ba-Q’s Barbeque and Grill
Bu-Ba-Q's is a great sunset spot at Canggu’s Echo Beach where you can enjoy wide ocean views and cool sea breezes with your premium barbecue pork ribs and Aussie steaks (IDR 120,000-130,000). You can also opt for some local Indonesian selections, such as ‘bebek goreng’ crispy fried duck and ‘sop buntut’ oxtail soup (IDR 80,000). Happy hours are 17:00-19:00 daily with ‘buy one, get one free’ offers on beers. The venue also caters to parties and events with live bands.
- Opening Hours: 08:00-22:00
- Location: Echo Beach, Jalan Batu Mejan, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)819 9963 0393
The café at Deus Ex Machina is the extension of the cool Aussie surf and motorsports enthusiast’s company on Jalan Batu Mejan, where you can chill in the evenings with vintage motorbikes and surfboards in close view through its showroom, as well as an art gallery where regular pop art and contemporary exhibitions are held onsite. The café itself serves light bites and cold Bintang and quirky cocktails. A small Bintang is USD 1.80 (IDR 25,000) and classic cocktails are between USD 6-8 (IDR 85,000-115,000). Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun-Sat, 08:00 - 22:00
- Location: Jalan Batu Mejan No. 8, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 368 3386
Echo Beach Sports Bar
After a great day out surfing at Echo Beach, drop into this sports bar for a burger or steak and beer, and enjoy some live international sports on the big screen. The bar is only a short walk up along Jalan Batu Mejan, is open for breakfast through dinner, but usually gets packed in the evenings. Burgers are IDR 60,000-75,000 and Indonesian favourites are also available, from ‘nasi goreng’ fried rice to ‘beef rendang’ Sumatran style beef curry USD 3-7 (IDR 45,000-95,000). Bintangs are USD 1.80 (IDR 25,000) per bottle.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-24:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Mejan, Echo Beach, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 846 9242
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/echobeachsportsbar
Lacalita Mexican Restaurant
For a selection of Cuban, Hawaiian and Mexican cuisine, together with a selection of refreshing cocktails, drop by Lacalita on Jalan Raya Batu Bolong in Canggu. While you can have a feast here with tasty tacos, tostaditas, quesadillas and tortillas from USD 3 to 7 (IDR 45,000-90,000), it is a great place to simply chill in Canggu, with happy hours daily between 17:00 and 19:00 and drink specials including IDR 250,000 sangria jugs every Saturday and ‘2 for 1’ Bloody Marys every Sunday.
- Opening Hours: 09:00-24:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Batu Bolong 68, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)822 4731 2218
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/lacalitabali
As an increasingly popular hangout on Canggu’s Batu Bolong Beach, Old Man’s attracts a colourful crowd – a good mix of locals, visitors and expats to a cool beachfront and surf bar scene. Besides offering a great selection of value-for-money western and Indonesian food between USD 4 and 8 (IDR 54,000-110,000), you are treated to lively after sunsets. Come Wednesdays for their fun ‘Dirty Ol’ Wednesdays’ with anything from beer pong contests, live DJs, happy hour deals between 17:00-18:00, and loads of tequila sponsored by Jose Cuervo. Small Bintangs are USD 1.80 (IDR 25,000) per bottle, and fruity granitas USD 2.50 (IDR 35,000). Dress code is ‘anything goes’. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 07:00-24:00
- Location: Jalan Pantai Batu Bolong, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)361 8469 158
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/oldmansbali/
Pretty Poison Bar and Skate Park
This is a hip hangout spot in rural Canggu, especially if you’re a skater! Pretty Poison has a backyard Californian deep bowl style pool it calls the ‘dog bowl’, where you can ‘dive in’ with a board and shred in some rounds. The bar serves up cold beers and light bites, so even though you're not a board rider, you can kick back and watch the fun action over some drinks and bangers and mash. Weekly skate jams attract the most crowds (a good mix of local skaters and Canggu expats), with live bands and DJs at the bowl, and jugs of cold Bintang available at USD 7.20 (IDR 100,000).
- Opening Hours: 08:00-23:00
- Location: Jalan Subak Canggu, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 4622 9540
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/Pretty-Poison-407326266122996
The Sand Bar
The Sand Bar is the only bar right on Echo Beach, offering wave riders paddling in a quick stopover for drinks and refreshments. Non-surfers can also sink into the oversized beanbags or deck chairs and watch the action. After sunsets, it’s one of the best places to chill out on the beach with regular live bands, happy hour deals on drinks, and bonfires under the stars. Sand Bar holds Wednesday parties with three Bintangs at only USD 3.60 (IDR 50,000) and three cocktails at USD 10 (IDR 150,000).
- Opening Hours: 07:00-21:00
- Location: Echo Beach beachfront, Jalan Pantai Batu Mejan, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)812 3765 1816
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/TheSandBarEchoBeach/
Satu Lagi Poolside Bar
The Satu Lagi Poolside and Sports Bar is right next to the Taman Segara Madu Water Park in Canggu. Live international sports are shown daily on big television screens, and live music and theme nights are featured throughout the week. Come during the weekends for their Super Sunday deals with cold Bintangs at only IDR 15,000 and pizzas at only IDR 69,000. You get free entry to the water slides next door with any meal purchase. Closed on Mondays. Opening hours: Tue-Sun 11:00-01:00
- Location: Jalan Raya Batu Bolong No. 39, Canggu
- Tel: +62 (0)81 934 367 347
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/SatuLagiSportsBar