Bali's majestic elephants can be found at the Bali Elephant Safari Park of Desa Taro, north of Ubud. This park, managed by Bali Adventurer Tours, offers visitors a chance to get up close and personal with the peaceful giants and also to go for a sightseeing expedition on the backs of these towering pachyderms.
Facilities include a full reception and information centre, a safari park lodge, a spa, a comprehensive museum, with a large collection of elephant memorabilia and the only mammoth skeleton in Southeast Asia.
- Bali Hai Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bathe & Breakfast with the Elephants
- Royal Mengwi Temple, Monkey Forest & Tanah Lot Excursion
- Quad or Buggy Driving Adventure & Tubing Excursion
- Romantic Aristocat Evening Cruise with 5-Course Dinner
- Bali White Water Rafting at Telaga Waja River
- Fast-Track Waterbom Bali Admission
- Lembongan Island Leisure Day Trip
- Private East Coast Tour
- Highlights Of Bali Full-Day Tour
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Park facilities include a reception centre with graphic displays of elephant history and physiology, a boutique gift shop featuring a massive range of elephant-related products, a 200-seat restaurant and bar with spectacular views over the lake and park, a snack bar and photo kiosk, a museum with 1,000 exhibits, a 15,000-year-old mammoth skeleton, and an elephant arena and painting display area.
There are safari rides through Taro's jungles with riders perched in a teak chair on elephant back. After the trek, lunch is served at the park restaurant beside the elephant bathing lake after which everyone heads to the elephant arena for one of three daily talent shows.
Here you can touch and hand-feed the elephants, watch the elephants’ playful bathing rituals, have photos taken with elephants, witness live educational shows and elephant painting, enjoy and learn amazing facts from the information centre, museum and from park staff and participate in children's mini rides.
Good to Know about Elephant Safari Park of Desa Taro
All the elephants were rescued from deforestation in central and southern Sumatra. The park is ideal for all the family and is open seven days a week.
Elephant Safari Park of Desa Taro
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- Location: The Elephant Safari Park is located in the village of Taro, approximately half an hour north from Ubud
- Tel: +62 (0)361 721 480